software version L622

I still get the fake lost signal screen, like I did with L618. Pressing the Menu button and go back to View Live TV fixes it immediately, nevertheless it's annoying.

just got this and noticing weird behavior that i can't remember being mentioned.

the skip forward doesn't do 30 seconds anymore. it's 2-3 presses to go through one commercial.

skip back seems to change from skip forward to skip back. when i skipped to far forward through commercials and entered the show maybe 10-20 seconds into it, it took 15-20 presses of "skip back" to get to the beginning of the show after the commercial break where in the past it would be 1-2 presses if i overshot.

this is on my 722 which formerly had L618.

i'm not impressed.

<edit> we didn't realize it was skipping forward while pressing the skip back button until we got it to the right point after the commercial break and started watching again and saw stuff we just "skipped back" through.

Last edited:
I have a 722 with the new update in single mode. I've noticed the erratic skip back issue since 2 updates ago. sometimes if I press the skip back button on a live show too fast it will return to the point when I first tuned that station. It also skips back about a minute instead of the 8-10 seconds on my OTA channels the first time I use the skip back button after changing channels most of the time.

I have a 722 with the new update in single mode. I've noticed the erratic skip back issue since 2 updates ago. sometimes if I press the skip back button on a live show too fast it will return to the point when I first tuned that station. It also skips back about a minute instead of the 8-10 seconds on my OTA channels the first time I use the skip back button after changing channels most of the time.

interesting. we never saw it before last night. no changing of channels. this was a recorded show on the DVR. messages popped up a couple of times about loss of signal and the display pixelated and several minutes of the show were missing. maybe this was related? it was the only show we watched before heading to bed so we'll see what happens today.

does your skip forward do 30 seconds?

SKip back actually skips forward

:up
just got this and noticing weird behavior that i can't remember being mentioned.

the skip forward doesn't do 30 seconds anymore. it's 2-3 presses to go through one commercial.

skip back seems to change from skip forward to skip back. when i skipped to far forward through commercials and entered the show maybe 10-20 seconds into it, it took 15-20 presses of "skip back" to get to the beginning of the show after the commercial break where in the past it would be 1-2 presses if i overshot.

this is on my 722 which formerly had L618.

i'm not impressed.

<edit> we didn't realize it was skipping forward while pressing the skip back button until we got it to the right point after the commercial break and started watching again and saw stuff we just "skipped back" through.
:up:up Right on drewski. I thought I was imaging things for a while, but that's exactly what I'm seeing as well. Wonder how they screwed up the button pushing.

What a pain to hit back for 10 seconds and have it skip forward 30 seconds. They need to fix this right away. Scott, help!

:up:up Right on drewski. I thought I was imaging things for a while, but that's exactly what I'm seeing as well. Wonder how they screwed up the button pushing.

What a pain to hit back for 10 seconds and have it skip forward 30 seconds. They need to fix this right away. Scott, help!

Either it's a 722 thing or it's random, because my 622 isn't doing anything like that. It has in the past, mind you, but always at random times and always in isolated intervals, never tied to any particular software version as far as I could tell.

Wow, with the new L622 update, I get blasted out of my seat whenever I turn from an HD to an SD channel. There was a small sound difference before, but now its HUGE!

I have one "my group" for the James Bond movies. I thought I put in 21 (of the 24 as 2 are qualified by IMDB as good enough for my various EHDs, GF and CR#2 and 1 I don't have yet, QoS) but I couldn't find 2 of them. Eventually I found one on an EHD, so that must be my fault as they are not grouped on the archive send and I must have accidentally selected it. One showed up in the group later (huh?) and 1 I will re-record this week. So it now says 19 but when I click on the group there are 20, i.e., it starts at 1 of 20 with all recordings distinct.

Again, 19 on the outside, 20 on the inside. This is a programmer's off-by-one problem/nightmare.

-Ken

the problem did not surface last night while watching. i did reboot the 722 prior to starting to watch.

None of that is happening on my VIP 722 with L622.... At least not yet.

Do you have L622 yet?

It started as soon as I got L622 and never before.

I think I said I had L622 in my original post..... To go further, I tested it last night watching recordings, going back and forward, going forward and back. I went back on live TV and then went forward, no problem. Everything is working as it should and as it was when I had L618. Do you have a 722 or a 722K?

I can confirm that my 622 has the skip button problem, as described by some here. My wife gets quite annoyed, because she thinks that I'm pressing the button too many times. Normally, the first two times I press "skip back" will work fine, but the third time it's pressed, when done in a short period sequence, will frequently skip it back by much more than 10 seconds, probably minutes.

I can confirm that my 622 has the skip button problem, as described by some here. My wife gets quite annoyed, because she thinks that I'm pressing the button too many times. Normally, the first two times I press "skip back" will work fine, but the third time it's pressed, when done in a short period sequence, will frequently skip it back by much more than 10 seconds, probably minutes.
That's how mine was working as well, from what I can recall of my cloudy memory. (I'm using a ViP722)

We saw the skip back bug on our 722 today as well (L622). My wife thought she was going nuts. Sometimes it works fine, then after hitting skip back a couple of times it seemed like it was only skipping back about a second or two with each button press. I haven't been able to reproduce this at will, yet.

In case you hadn't noticed it but if you hit back while playing/FF/rewind you go back 10 sec or a little more and with forward you advance very close to 30 sec. While in pause, you go 2 sec back and a frame or so forward. But if you the press play you may end up from 3 minutes or more back to a minute or more forward. You may even end up at the beginning. Once in a while it will work correctly. This is the problem and has been for a long time.

Now, if they could also synchronize the time-remaining banner with where you are, particularly at 60 or 300X. Get near the end and press the pause or play and you may be 5 minutes from the end. Even slowing the forward speed will have the banner jump back. Hard to be graceful when searching and this happens.

It is nice that you can play to the end and back up from there with rewind or skip back. Just doesn't work on the EHD. Go away (cancel/Done) and it will only play from the start on either.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)