Solar Outages for the Spring

Suggestion to all CSRs that might be looking in:

Instead of trying to explain the concept of a Solar Outage to a complaining customer, just ask them to call back in a half-hour if it isn't better. :D

Attachments

• solarstate.pdf
    52.8 KB · Views: 228
Trying to figure out if your current location has a line of sight to 129? Or, where to locate that dish 500 to get 129 (or any other sat).

Go outside at the exact "worst" solar convergence time (remember it's different based on satellite and house location). Where-ever the sun is hitting (not shaded) is a good location of the dish.

I usually take (digital) picture at each satellite's convergence time. Then, I can go back and look at the picture if I need to relocate a dish.

psumattDE said:
NICE! My luck!

Delaware's worst days are 3/4 and 3/5 - the day of my install! Lol...i'm sure I'll get a great 1st impression! :)

That's not a big deal - the convergence only lasts 5-10 minutes.

It's interesting to watch the signal strength screen as the event passes.

On a strong signal (100 range), I usually see a drop to 70-75 and never lose lock (probably depends on how direct the convergence it).

bnaivar said:

Instead of trying to explain the concept of a Solar Outage to a complaining customer, just ask them to call back in a half-hour if it isn't better. :D

Better yet, this is the CSR's change to be a hero.
When a customer calls in, they can say something like:

CSR:
"Yes, I've accessed your equipment and comfirmed that your dilithuim crystal matrix is out of alignment. Please stand by as I attempt to bypass primary transmission buffer and remodulate via the main deflector array... There! you should be all set!"

Customer:
" WOW - you fixed it, you're amazing!!!"

EDIT: Seriously, though - thanks for the heads up on this, I had never heard of these little "eclipses" with the satellites!

Last edited:
"Yes, I've accessed your equipment and comfirmed that your dilithuim crystal matrix is out of alignment. Please stand by as I attempt to bypass primary transmission buffer and remodulate via the main deflector array..."

Dude, too much Star Trek....:)

bnaivar said:

Ha! They are still pitching the phone line fee as a $5 penalty for not having it hooked up, instead of a $5 discount to be earned by hooking it up. They'd have fewer complaints if they explained it right to start with. Until they get that right, the deserve all the irate calls of people who feel like calling in.

BrettTRay said:
Your right about that. I always hated star trek but love star wars.

We're way out of topic but I got to say it, yes I prefer Star Wars and I'm a big fan but I respect the Trekkies too. It's like a religion to them so I respect that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)