Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

WOW, Rockies in HD at last and its great PQ. As far as my HD guide it shows only FOXRM 364, NBAHD 9466 off air but I'm hoping the rest of the RSN show up as games are broadcast in HD in the different RSN areas.
My 622 shows 129 / 08

WOW, Rockies in HD at last and its great PQ. As far as my HD guide it shows only FOXRM 364, NBAHD 9466 off air but I'm hoping the rest of the RSN show up as games are broadcast in HD in the different RSN areas.
My 622 shows 129 / 08

I just switched to the Rockies-Diamondback game on the new HD RSN. Got nothing but a black screen.

Try changing the channel and going back.

I hear there is a software bug which is causing that issue.

I did that, but it didn't work.

BUT then I checked the web; the game is over. so, most likely it just isn't broadcasting anything. Although I'd think they'd have a screen saver up for down times. There is something listed on it at 7:30pm Mountain; I'll try back later. But it tells you something about baseball - the game was listed from 12:30 - 7:30pm. DANG that's a long time ;)

Try changing the channel and going back.

I hear there is a software bug which is causing that issue.

I have a quick question for you Scott. When you say that only select games will be broadcast in HD on the RSN's does that mean that not every game is in HD and therefore not every game will be shown on the HD channel? Or are you saying that even though FSN North may broadcast 40 Twins games in HD this year, E* might only show 20?

Thanks

Just checked FOXRM-HD, and it is now broadcasting a "DISH HDTV' logo with music. No content, but the channel is on. Cool. Another HD channel! It will be interesting to see what else it will carry as time goes on.

I'm in LA. Why aren't I seeing any channels in the RSN range at all? Should I soft boot the receiver?

I live in NH and have the 622, AT 200, and sports pack, but am not seeing any RSN channels listed in the 300 range. I realize the games themselves would most likely be blacked out as I am out of the DMA, but sounds like others are still seeing the channel. Any thoughts?

I live in NH and have the 622, AT 200, and sports pack, but am not seeing any RSN channels listed in the 300 range. I realize the games themselves would most likely be blacked out as I am out of the DMA, but sounds like others are still seeing the channel. Any thoughts?

You are in NH. Only FSN-RM and FSN-MW have been turned on at 129.

The rest of us are just sitting around waiting.

I have a quick question for you Scott. When you say that only select games will be broadcast in HD on the RSN's does that mean that not every game is in HD and therefore not every game will be shown on the HD channel? Or are you saying that even though FSN North may broadcast 40 Twins games in HD this year, E* might only show 20?

Thanks

That is correct, not every game will use the HD equipment, therefore only certain games will be shown on the RSN HD. For example, of the approx. 130 Cardinal games on FOXMW, only 37 I think will be shown in HD (therefore unless something else by FOXMW is on in HD, that channel will more than likely have nothing on).

Well, my cable co. has Sunshine Net(some of Marlins games) in HD and Dish doesn't have it. But 720p format is not the one to make me to switch from dish to cable.When most of sport local channels give me a real HD format, 1080i, then I will start to switch back to cable.

There's still a lot of debate which is better, 1080i or 720p, although from what I can tell more are leaning towards the faster refresh rate of 720p (that is, all 720 lines of resolution refresh every 1/60th of a second, where as with 1080i only 540, or ever other line, refreshes every 1/60th of a second).

ESPN I believe chose 720p too as it's format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts