Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

I live in Wisconsin so I get FSN. However for some reason the FSN channel is for Minnesota and I get that regional programming. However when the Brewers or the Bucks are on, the programming goes to an ALT channel.

My question is will I still be able to get FSN HD when it becomes available even though it is on an Alt channel? I'm not quite sure how the RSN HD works with Alt channels.

Yeah now if they can get Foxsports SouthWest up which is in my area. But main thing is that they are starting to add them. :)

Last edited:
FSN SW for us, but there's plenty of time. The next scheduled FSNSW HD baseball game is in early May.

Has any other HD RSN's been made available yet today? There is a HD basketball game on FSN North tonight. I think I read somewhere that the last two HD RSN's to be uplinked were the first two to be made available. Wonder if that was coincidence or what ?

Do you have an MPEG-4 receiver, and a dish pointing at 129?
I'm in the Midwest and my RSN is "Fox Sports Cincinnati". I had NOTHING in the guide yesterday or today (after the overnight update) in the channel ranges people have mentioned, either in the ch 360 area or 410-420 or so.

I'm in the Midwest and my RSN is "Fox Sports Cincinnati". I had NOTHING in the guide yesterday or today (after the overnight update) in the channel ranges people have mentioned, either in the ch 360 area or 410-420 or so.
I also have the Multi-Sport package, so I get more than FSNSW. STL and KC also claim the OKC area, so I don't expect the Cardinals games to be blacked out here.

Before I added the Multi-Sport package, the HD RSNs (FSNRM, FSNMW) weren't visible on my 211. But now they are. I tried getting the Rockies game in HD last night, but the Rockies don't claim OKC, so it was blacked out. :(

Kind of ironic that some RSN's are now being broadcast in HD by Dish.

Last night I watched about 3 innings of the Texas/Angels opening game on ESPN2HD. Then it was cut off and my only option to see the rest of the game was on FSW's crappy SD...I haven't seen anything that looks like RSN HD in the LA area yet.

I sure hope they provide the NHL playoff games in HD in the CI package next week. I get tired of watching SD presentations of HD broadcasts on the RSN's with constant reminders of how "tonight's game is presented in HD for your viewing enjoyment." Bah humbug!!

FWIT- I emailed and asked about Fox Sports Ohio, Sportstime Ohio and Cleveland locals. This is what I got:

"Thanks for the email and your interest in HD programming. Unfortunately we are not planning to add the Cleveland local channels in HD at this time. We do not have a specific time frame in which we may look into adding them.

We are working on adding more Regional Sports Networks in HD. I will forward your request to our programming department for review. I will let you know what I find out.

Sorry this was not more encouraging news. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

Then, 2 hours later i received this:

"Thanks for your patience. I just received an update from our programming department. We are eventually planning to add all of the Regional Sports Networks in HD to our programming line up. However, we do not have Sports Time Ohio on the initial roll out plan."

Not that it helps us Cleveland Indian fans, since the games are carried on STO. But it looks like very good news for the rest of you.

"Thanks for your patience. I just received an update from our programming department. We are eventually planning to add all of the Regional Sports Networks in HD to our programming line up. However, we do not have Sports Time Ohio on the initial roll out plan."
"Eventually" could mean a long time.

I live in Wisconsin so I get FSN. However for some reason the FSN channel is for Minnesota and I get that regional programming. However when the Brewers or the Bucks are on, the programming goes to an ALT channel.

My question is will I still be able to get FSN HD when it becomes available even though it is on an Alt channel? I'm not quite sure how the RSN HD works with Alt channels.

You must be in a similar area to me, Elk Mound/Menomonie WI. There is some RSN overlap between FSN Minnesota/Wisconsin so we get both the Bucks/Timberwolves and Twins/Brewers etc... If they run it like Directv does, I use to get both in HD when it was broadcast. Hopefully this is the case and FSN North is one of the ones they roll out right away. I guess we will find out tonight with the timberwolves game.

You must be in a similar area to me, Elk Mound/Menomonie WI. There is some RSN overlap between FSN Minnesota/Wisconsin so we get both the Bucks/Timberwolves and Twins/Brewers etc... If they run it like Directv does, I use to get both in HD when it was broadcast. Hopefully this is the case and FSN North is one of the ones they roll out right away. I guess we will find out tonight with the timberwolves game.

Joewee.....the eternal optimist. I hope you are right since FSN North is my RSN.

I don't see Channel 368. My channels guide skips from 356 to 400.

I live in west-central Illinois and I live in the Chicago, St. Louis, and Milwaukee baseball markets.

I subscribe to the Multi-Sports package so I can watch Cardinal and Brewers games.

Channel 429 (Comcast Sports Chicago) is the sports channel that goes with my Gold package. I also subscribe to everything Dish currently offers in HD.

Will I be able to watch the Cardinals in High Def. Am I eligible to get Channel 368 (Fox Sports Midwest-HD)?

As a subscriber to the multi-sports package, will I be able to get all the regional sports channels in High Def. as they roll out (excepting blackout rules for baseball games, etc...).

Is there anything I should do to "Populate" the HD Sports channels? Or do I need to call a friendly but usually inefficient Dish CSR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)