Some of VOOM! channels gone(Back Now)

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just went to channel surf and several VOOM! channels are blank. Have strength on signal meter and there is no "No signal" message. They are just blank. Black screen and no audio. The few that are gone include worldsport and Monster. There is a Godzilla movie coming on in a few that I want to record. :mad:

What might be up??

Same here, with more than just voom. I haven't run all through the list yet, but I beleve Science Channel HD, and quite a number of others as well. Just a black screen. Signal is good, and I re-booted the box.

Other HD channels are off here too.

Science Channel HD, Animal Planet, TLC, Discovery Channel, Voom Family, vooom games, voom hd news, Monsters HD, Filmfest, Kungfu, UltraHD, Worldsport, Rush HD, Anamania, Treasure HD, Gallery HD, Equator HD, Rave HD, MHD, VS/Golf.

I get my HD from 61.5

The funny thing is that when I noticed this, picture went out, but sound stayed. I then swapped to the PIP screen for the same channel, and got both picture and sound. So, I thought one of my tuners locked up. Then, as I was trying to get the picture back on the other screen, I lost the sound. I did a power cord reset, receiver came back up, and those channels were still dead picture and sound on both PIP and regular screen. I'm glad it's not my receiver!

Any updates? I do not have any of the Voom channels but have everything else. I am on 129.

Maybe there is more moving of channels up there to say 7 channels on one transponder as DIgiblur pointed out that they were doing a few days ago on both the 129 /61.5 sats. I know that they are trying to reclaim bandwith and that would certainly do it.

Voom is gone here also. (zip code 16226) Just think if they lost a sat. would they would have to reaim everyones dish to pickup another sat.

Maybe there is more moving of channels up there to say 7 channels on one transponder as DIgiblur pointed out that they were doing a few days ago on both the 129 /61.5 sats. I know that they are trying to reclaim bandwith and that would certainly do it.

At what cost to the viewer? Lower PQ?

i could care less about the voom channels, they were good when i first got the hd receiver, but i dont even watch any of the voom channels anymore, i mostly watch locals, discovery(s), National geo, espn, animal planet... id rather have usa HD then ALL of the voom channels

I was watching them make refrigerators on the show "How Its Made" onthe Science Channel HD when it went out.

I don't have any update to report at this time, but if I get any I will post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts