Some of VOOM! channels gone(Back Now)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
An outage like this makes me suspect that a rack of encoders lost power or was disconnected. 2 hour outage... hmm someone accidently trips over the rack power cord, has to go page someone, get them to drive in Saturday morning, plug it in, boot all the computers back up and have signal restored in 2 hours?

Yeah it was kind of interesting wonder if we will see any activity come next week..

Well that outage lasted about 2 hours and 20 minutes.

And in that time we had 63 posts in this thread, while the other site didn't even have a single mention that there was a problem.

Thanks for choosing SatelliteGuys folks!

Merry Christmas!

Well that outage lasted about 2 hours and 20 minutes.

And in that time we had 63 posts in this thread, while the other site didn't even have a single mention that there was a problem.

Thanks for choosing SatelliteGuys folks!

Merry Christmas!

Best to you Scott, and everyone here for the holidays. Yes, as another poster mentioned, when I first discovered the problem, I re-booted the box, then broke into a cold sweat. Then, I thought, "If there's a problem, SatelliteGuys will know about it". Sure enough, there were, at that time, 3 posts made a few minutes prior, reporting the issue. This is the site for satellite related info - no doubt about it!

Mark

LOL/ Glad to see I wasn't the only one having the problem. And glad the weekend security guard got it back going again!! :up

I came back here and saw that the thread exploded. Shocked the heck out of me!! :p

Well I am running around Christmas shopping with Mrs pepper so I missed out on the fun but glad yall are keeping up with it. Btw this is my first post using pda mode on her crackberry so I apologoxe for formatting and spelling

No I'm not near a pc but if wasn't walking around the French Quarter in New Orleanss I could look at things with my phone. Looks like Hokie is running interference though.

Stayed out a little too late last night at a party until 6am here. Trying to walk it off :)

Satellite customers you have just now seen part of the .01% that your satellite might be off. Can you believe we are still here.... With the ice storm here in oklahoma some people have lost cable and satellite and electric for over a week. You would not even be able to post this loss.

Life is a Bitch, please dont vote for one!

No I'm not near a pc but if wasn't walking around the French Quarter in New Orleanss I could look at things with my phone. Looks like Hokie is running interference though.

Stayed out a little too late last night at a party until 6am here. Trying to walk it off :)

Good for you buddy, enjoy your holidays. :)

Booze and Music > satellite :)

IMHO, I dont think this was a planned upgrade to new encoders or anything. Doing any kind of tinkering on a holiday weekend, right before Christmas and New Years weeks is just asking for trouble. I don't know of anyone in an operational environment that would do that.

More likely, is Mikes theory. Something broke, someone had to be called in, and fixed it.

I am glad they fixed it in-time for the live game on WorldSportHD! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)