Some Possible HD movies coming to Monsters HD & Film Fest HD

riffjim4069 said:
Unfortunately, it appears that E* is not mass marketing the VOOM HD Pak until they are moved off of 61.5 and additional channels/content added - VOOM isn't adding new content until they reach programming agreements with cable/sat providers and the FCC approves IB 05-72 - cable/sat providers don't have the bandwidth to support more than a handful of VOOM HD Originals at present. It's the VOOM Conundrum. It would appear that James is waiting for one or more of these things to occur before investing $$$ in VOOM programming: (a stupid move IMO)

1. DirecTV: Satellites, MPEG-4 and programming agreements.
2. Verizon FTTP and programming agreements.
3. FCC approves IB 05-72 and VOOM channels are moved off of Rainbow-1 and over to 110/119 slots.
4. Programming agreements are reached with cable providers: Comcast, Cox, etc.

Of course, who and hell wants the VOOM HD Originals when they do become widely available after months of looping and lackluster content? How can Rainbow Media be so successful at marketing AMC/WE/IFC while appearing to be stuck in the mud with their VOOM21 lineup? :confused:

IF VOOM leadership had ounce of common sense, they would be bombarding these channels with stellar new content and offering free boxing PPV like they have in the past. Does anyone have an idea how many people subscribe to the VOOM HD Pak...10K?...25K?...50K?...or more?
I'm not sure that is totally true regarding the marketing. I have received several calls from Dishnetwork (not realizing I am a current subscriber) promoting the Voom channels. But they are not charging top dollar for them either so you have apoint. Either way, if D* gets Inhd1 & 2, Cinemx, Starz, TMC, Outdoor channel HD, ESPN2 & TNT that is enough to make me switch as I already subscribe to the NFL ticket in HD. \

HD-Lite is better than rich HD PQ with no new content.....

Out of all those flicks ( future offerings ), the ones I'd love to see in HD are -

Robocop
Dragonslayer
Let's Scare Jessica to Death
Sinbad
Nightmares ( if this is the old 80's flick with Emilo Estevez )
Jurassic Park
Resident Evil
Prophecy
Terminator 2
Night of the Living Dead 90'

The others are pretty bleh.. unless, of course, you are a godzilla fanatic. I'm not one, but I can appreciate those who enjoy the franchise. :)

I wish we could offer suggestions and make requests with the kind of flicks we'd like to see.

This is October for cripes sake! How about some Pumpkinhead, Halloween 1,2 and 3, Jack O', and Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow? :no

BFG said:
When something of A* quality on that list finally shows up on Monsters I would hope to be given a heads up :)

Seems like by definition, Monsters is not going to get many movies of "A" quality. It's a freakin monster movie channel.

I haven't had it very long, so I haven't gotten sick of it yet. But I'm kind of enjoying watching some real non-A material that I would have never bothered to watch in SD. Waxwork 2 was kind of a hoot.

I have added quite a few more movies on the first post. Quite a good list. Here are my favorites out of the list added today.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (Added 10/28)
Tales of Terror (Added 10/28)
Thing, The '51 (Added 10/28)
Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight (Added 10/28)
Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The (Added 10/28)
Bride of Frankenstein (Added 10/28)
Creature Walks Among Us, The (Added 10/28)
Dracula (Added 10/28)
Hellraiser: Bloodline (Added 10/28)
Hellraiser: Inferno (Added 10/28)
Revenge of the Creature, The (Added 10/28)
Frankenstein (Added 10/28)
Son of Frankenstein (Added 10/28)
Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman (Added 10/28)
House of Dracula (Added 10/28)
House of Frankenstein (Added 10/28)
Wolf Man, The (Added 10/28)
Dead Heat (Added 10/28)
Godzilla (Added 10/28)
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (Added 10/28)
House (Added 10/28)
House II: The Second Story (Added 10/28)
It’s Alive (Added 10/28)
It Lives Again (Added 10/28)
It’s Alive 3: Island of the Alive (Added 10/28)
Golden Voyage of Sinbad, The (Added 10/28)
Blob, The '58 (Added 10/28)
Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled (Added 10/28)
Jaws 3 (Added 10/28)
Jaws 4: The Revenge (Added 10/28)
Day of the Dead (Added 10/28)
Grudge, The (Added 10/28)
Poltergeist 3 (Added 10/28)
Wishmaster 3: Beyond The Gates of Hell (Added 10/28)

Body Snatchers (Added 10/28)
Child’s Play (Added 10/28)
Cyclops, The (Added 10/28)
Fright Night (Added 10/28)
Jaws (Added 10/28)
Them! (Added 10/28)
Jaws 2 (Added 10/28)
Blob, The '88 (Added 10/28)
Cujo (Added 10/28)
Ghoul, The (Added 10/28)
Return of the Living Dead Part 3 (Added 10/28)
Creep (Added 10/28)
Orca (Added 10/28)
Candyman (Added 10/28)
Friday the 13th Part 3 (Added 10/28)
Scream, Blacula, Scream (Added 10/28)
Psycho 3 (Added 10/28)
Lost Boys, The (Added 10/28)
Rage: Carrie 2, The (Added 10/28)
Seventh Sign, The (Added 10/28)
Wolfen (Added 10/28)
Child’s Play 2 (Added 10/28)

Hey Sean, if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting the information about these upcoming flicks? Do you have a super-duper top secret source? ;)

more new stuff coming...

The hi-def horror channel Monsters HD has announced a deal with New Line Television that gives the station exclusive rights to the company’s most popular fright franchises. The deal includes 25 titles from the New Line library, include six of the seven NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET films (excluding NOES 4: THE DREAM MASTER), FREDDY VS. JASON and the 2003 redux of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

Source

Awesome news! And thanks for the info about the Monsters HD website. I never thought to actually browse through it and look for their upcoming titles. Geez, I'm such a dumb ass.

Another question, Sean... have you heard anything about Voom picking up Fangoria TV? There have been rumors floating around that Monsters HD and Fangoria are working together behind the scenes.

Sean Mota said:
Nope... It is public knowlege on the Monstershd.com website. One only have to look in the right place.

Where do you have to look at the site to find that? I've gone over it several times and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Sean ...they are going to show Jaws in HD? I don't believe the original was ever shown in HD. I have been waiting a while for it. Not that I could watch it anyway....because I'm not a dish customer. I thought universalHD would have had Jaws before any other ch.

vinnyv07 said:
Sean ...they are going to show Jaws in HD? I don't believe the original was ever shown in HD. I have been waiting a while for it. Not that I could watch it anyway....because I'm not a dish customer. I thought universalHD would have had Jaws before any other ch.

It looks like it. I wouldn't like to see Jaws or any movie or anything on Universal HD. That channel is pathetic on DirecTv. Fill with pixelation and softness.

Sean Mota said:
Look here... They have a list of movies that they have already aired or will air.

http://www.monstershd.com/index1.php?p=VS&cg=&ct=&ss=&orderby=c.display_date

Sean, thanks very much. I like watching all those trailers, though I wish people used the "discuss" option to talk about the films. That has the potential to be a cool movie forum.

Looks like MonstersHD is picking up a bit. I'm glad I've held on to it. At times I've thought about just dropping the Voom channels because of all the repeats but I'm going to hang in there for now.

Sean Mota said:
The hi-def horror channel Monsters HD has announced a deal with New Line Television that gives the station exclusive rights to the company’s most popular fright franchises. The deal includes 25 titles from the New Line library, include six of the seven NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET films (excluding NOES 4: THE DREAM MASTER), FREDDY VS. JASON and the 2003 redux of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

Source

more details about my own quote:

The deal, consisting of over 25 films includes six of the seven A Nightmare on Elm Street titles (A Nightmare on Elm Street; A Nightmare on Elm Street Part Two: Freddy’s Revenge; A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors; A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare and Wes Craven’s New Nightmare). MONSTERS HD has also acquired Freddy Vs. Jason, 2003’s monster match-up pitting Elm Street’s spirited slasher Freddy Krueger against Camp Crystal Lake’s sultan of slaughter Jason Voorhees. In addition, MONSTERS HD has secured a network premiere position on Michael Bay’s 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre featuring the chainsaw-wielding maniac Leatherface.

Source

Some more were added such as some Abbott & Costello movies, Amityville 3D, Alien Nation... to Monsters HD

jsb_hburg said:
Some more were added such as some Abbott & Costello movies, Amityville 3D, Alien Nation... to Monsters HD

Specifically:

Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (added 12/15/05)
Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (added 12/15/05)
Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (added 12/15/05)
Alien Nation (added 12/15/05)
Amityville 3D (added 12/15/05)
Amazing Transparent Man (added 12/15/05)

Updated first post...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)