Some RSN Customers to be disqualified

Zero327

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
The Emerald City
Effective September 17th, customers who have been identified as incorrectly having access to RSN channels due to a system issue will be removed from accessing that programming service. Should those customers wish to continue receiving RSN's, they will need to call into E* and upgrade their programming packages appropriately. Customers who have been receiving the programming incorrectly have not and will not be billed. Those who upgrade will be billed accordingly going forward from Sept. 17.

Effective September 17th, customers who have been identified as incorrectly having access to RSN channels due to a system issue will be removed from accessing that programming service. Should those customers wish to continue receiving RSN's, they will need to call into E* and upgrade their programming packages appropriately. Customers who have been receiving the programming incorrectly have not and will not be billed. Those who upgrade will be billed accordingly going forward from Sept. 17.

and where is this information coming from? and who are those customers that have been receiving programming incorrectly?

So what's the problem?

and where is this information coming from? and who are those customers that have been receiving programming incorrectly?

Well the first half, to quote a very good movie:

"For I am a kind... and merciful God..."

As for the second half, it would be considered random by most. There's not a particular area or zip code that's impacted.

I still don't see the problem here. Some people were getting something they weren't paying for (not that they were doing it on purpose, sounds like a Dish glitch) and now if they want to continue get it, they will have to pay for it must like everyone else.

This thread title is very misleading. If what you say is true how can some one be disqualified from programing they should have never received in the first place?

All that seems to be happening is dish correcting an error on there end.

zero327 does work for Dish so I'm guessing it's from a memo or e-mail that he/she rec'd recently.

Ah, that's all we needed to know. When he said:"For I am a kind... and merciful God...", it gave him no credibility.

Now my next question is who will lose their RSN. I only get one and that's FSBA so I'm not worried, just want to know who are the ones that will lose it.

I know there are a couple of areas in Iowa that currently receive 3 different RSN's. I wonder if these will be some of the areas affected?

While my HDTV was being fixed, I had the HD Pack turned off. My 622 receiver was still showing Fox Sports West HD and Prime Ticket HD. Maybe this is what the memo was about.

My HDTV is now working so I now have the HD Pack. Anybody else is So Cal without the HD Pack getting Fox Sports West HD or Prime Ticket HD?

Well the purpose of the topic is to counter the panic topics that flood this forum everytime something goes off for five minutes... Forewarned and blah blah blah.

As for me working for Dish, if that were the case I'd be legally obligated to put all kinds of legal crap in my sig. So no, I don't?

The far more obvious and likely answer is that I'm all knowing, all-seeing and all powerful. (That's right Hall, that thing with Sarah Marshall in 5th grade, ...we're going to be talking about that later.)

Besides, CSRs need credibility to make posts, or because they're usually out to prove something which is why the first thing they post is that they work for Dish. I just need to wait until the 17th when it happens. Seeing is believing has the best credibility anyone can ask for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)