Some Sonictap channels missing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
According to the D* website, with the package I have subscribed to, I am supposed to get channel 807, Rat Pack. But on all three of my receivers it's says that channel is not available. There are at least a couple of other missing music channels as well, but Rat Pack is the one I miss because I love that kind of music.

I tried refreshing my channels on the website but it didn't help. I wanted to ask about this here first before I called D* because in the past I have found that the people on this forum often seem to know more about it than the D* customer service reps.

So does anyone know why this is happening? Have they just not got around to adding all of the channels yet, or could there be something wrong with my system? I think I remember reading somewhere that some of the Sonictap channels are on a different bird. I wonder if that's what my problem is. Maybe I am not picking up the bird that channel 807 comes on. And if that's the case, I wonder why that is. When they installed my system I don't remember them saying that with my dish I won't be able to pick up all of the channels. And it makes me wonder if there are some other channels I am paying for that I am not getting either.

So if anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

John

According to the D* website, with the package I have subscribed to, I am supposed to get channel 807, Rat Pack. But on all three of my receivers it's says that channel is not available. There are at least a couple of other missing music channels as well, but Rat Pack is the one I miss because I love that kind of music.

I tried refreshing my channels on the website but it didn't help. I wanted to ask about this here first before I called D* because in the past I have found that the people on this forum often seem to know more about it than the D* customer service reps.

So does anyone know why this is happening? Have they just not got around to adding all of the channels yet, or could there be something wrong with my system? I think I remember reading somewhere that some of the Sonictap channels are on a different bird. I wonder if that's what my problem is. Maybe I am not picking up the bird that channel 807 comes on. And if that's the case, I wonder why that is. When they installed my system I don't remember them saying that with my dish I won't be able to pick up all of the channels. And it makes me wonder if there are some other channels I am paying for that I am not getting either.

So if anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

John

some of mine are missing to. called yesterday. i was told that since they are new chanels give it a couple days. as of 1:30 pm today i have one still not working chanel 883 the irish chanel.

3 months with dtv and I'm already hating it. Have 17 channels missing...
I was told 2 weeks ago that I would receive all the new sonic tap music channels. I guess that I have been lied to again! It's truly amazing that the call center we call into, is not accountable for anything they say us customers. And that dtv is not responsable for anything the call center says. Talk about covering your ass!!!
That's ok...2 years will go by fast, then I'll be ditching dtv again for the 2nd time.

If you don't have a multi sat dish,you won't get the missing music channels. D* didn't have the bandwidth to put them all on the 101 sat.
Upgrade to a HD multi dish if you just have to have them all.

Thanks Darrell. I don't even know if I have a multi sat dish or not. They just came out and installed it and didn't say anything about what kind of dish it was. And I can't seem to find out from the website what I have either. Plus I see nothing at directv.com/music which specifies that I need a multi sat dish to get all of the music channels.

To me this is terrible customer service. At the present time, I have no commitment so I can cancel w/o a penalty at any time. I wonder if I call to ask for the multi sat dish if they will either charge me for it or require a fresh commitment.

I guess I'll have to try to call to find out.

OK, Darrell is right. I don't have the right dish. The first rep I got through to said I would have to pay $49 to upgrade my dish. I told her that it was not fair because I am paying for a package that is supposed to include those missing channels, and now you are telling me I have to pay $49 to fix it. She would not budge, so I asked her to connect me to the cancellation department.

The rep at the cancellation department was much more cooperative and agreed to have them install an upgraded dish for free with no contract.

So I would suggest that if anyone else has this problem that they use the same tactic I used.

If you don't have a multi sat dish,you won't get the missing music channels. D* didn't have the bandwidth to put them all on the 101 sat.
Upgrade to a HD multi dish if you just have to have them all.

Thanks for the info! This is what I'd suspected when the SonicTap channels first appeared but I didn't know for sure. Bummer for me since I'm using a SD D11 box with a '99 Sony SD dish for routing my music to multiple rooms in the house. I'll have to get an RF Remote for my HR22 box and I'll be set up then. I guess I can get my D11 box deactivated after that.

Need access to Sat 119

Those missing channels are on a fourth Satellite 119 that your 3lnb dish can't get. This just happened to me as well. The installer came out and installed my system with the 3lnb swm dish and I noticed the same thing. Where were all my music stations. Directv has a tech coming out in a couple days to switch out the 3lnb swm with a 5lnb swm at no charge so I can get access to all the satellites. My question is why do they advertise one thing and don't install the equipment necessary to get what's advertised. Something doesn't make sense there. I think the more people that catch them on this issue and make them come out to "UPGRADE" their dish the better.

Good Luck!

Steve in Denver

I posted this about a month ago...
Sonic channels on 119
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Would I get more channels if I added another dish

BOLD are not in Choice + (which is what I have)

807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

I posted this about a month ago...
Sonic channels on 119
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Would I get more channels if I added another dish

BOLD are not in Choice + (which is what I have)

807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

Again, one of the reasons I subscribed to En Espanol for 30 days when I signed up last month......to get the 5-LNB dish so I don't miss anything that might be on 119. If fact, I think it was slightly wrong that I had to pay $15 for En Espanol in order to get the dish that allows me to get ALL the programming I'm entitled too.....but at least they didn't make me keep the package since I did get a hardware upgrade. So, I guess it's a wash.

I still am LOVING DirecTV!

Last edited:
Directv still not doing right....

You shouldn't have to upgrade your dish to get what you originally ordered and are paying for. If they are advertising you getting whatever music channels in whatever package you subscribe to you should "in the beginning" get the dish that enables you to get what you pay for. I'm surprised more people haven't caught on and been complaining about this issue.

Steve in Denver.

Will DirecTV put the missing music channels on the the other satellites eventually? Or do I have to call them up and have to hassle with them to get it? I don't mind waiting a month or so . .

I would complain now...

Directv has had this setup for quite some time now...I don't think they are going to fix it anytime soon. You've read the other posts of a guy having to threaten cancellation due to the bait and switch tactic. Luckily, I caught the problem a week after they installed my service...so they really can't do anything about it but upgrade my dish to the 5 LNB SWM to get access to the other 2 satellites.

Good Luck.

Steve In Denver

Hope Channel
Jewish Life TV
thats about it for English channels besides the Sonic Audio

edit: from a list I have the only English channels on 119 besides some small market locals and what I posted above is one of those 24/7 paid program channels. Everything else is Spanish.

I spoke to a Case Manager from DTV and told them about the situation. They are going to come out on Tuesday to replace the 3LNB with a 5LNB on Tuesday morning.

She said it would normally cost $150 to do this, but DTV would do it for free because I was within the 90 day new customer time-frame.

All customers in Florida would seem to need that Sat 119, but it sounds like the installers figure most people won't miss the music channels. I am a jazz fan and most definitely do miss those channels.

In most areas unless you NEED*** 119 they'll install a 3LNB slimline

***Need as in you ordered the Spanish channels or your SD locals are on 119
I wonder when you order if you tell them you need Hope Channel will they install a 5LNB since Hope is on 119 :)

Well, they advertise the Sonic Tap channels, not the Hope Channel.
Not really sure what your point was, if any.

I am from Dish Network and they let you DVR the various Sirius music channels.

I can't DVR the SonicTap music channels though . .

when you click on print channel lineup it says this at the bottom

*The following channels require a special dish or equipment: MHz, GEM NET, Hope Channel, JLTV, Once, HITN, V-Me, Enlace, Golden Eagle Broadcasting, and Free Speech TV. Please call 1-800-531-5000 for more information.

No where does it say "Sonic Tap" channel. Thats the point I'm getting at. They say for Hope Channel you need a "Special dish" which is a dish that can see 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)