Someone stole my Sirius Tuner

mcamden

Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
Hi,
I went outside a couple of hours ago to find that someone had broken into my car and stole my Clarion SIRPNP Sirius tuner. The dumb-a$$ left the car kit and wiring behind (although he or they did pull the wiring out from how I had neatly strung it under the dash).

I'm having a hard time finding a good deal on the SIRPNP anywhere on the net and am wondering if anyone has any idea if the new Clarion Sirius tuner (Calypso) will work with the SIRPNP car and home kits. I have two car kits and one home kit, and I would hate to have to buy anything more than just a new tuner if at all possible.

I just hope that the jerk who stole it tries to activate the tuner and they nab him.

Thanks,

Mike

I dont know where to buy the tuner but I was at a flea market and saw a cheap blackberry and called my cell phone provider to make sure the esn was ok for activation. I was told it was stolen from one of their corprate stores.

Course of action - they told me just not to buy it. no police or anything. So dont count on it.

Just curius - did you have a monthly, yearly, or lifetime subscription? Does Sirius do anything if you tell them your tuner was stolen? Can they deactivate a tuner, or does their protocol only activate a tuner for a set period of time (monthly, yearly, or lifetime)?

I have a yearly subscription. Sirius deactivated my tuner and put my account on hold. After I buy a new tuner, they will activate the new tuner and transfer it to the yearly subscription. I just need to fax them a copy of the police report so they can verify my story.

They were very friendly and nice to work with.

Sirius Schedule

Do I make the switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts