Song title, artist, etc on screen with XM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KingsFan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 4, 2005
I just activated my D* service a couple of days ago. I have an R15 and a D11 and I'm not seeing any song information with either receiver. The D11 is just a black screen and the R15 has a silhouette of a guy playing the saxophone (that doesn't appear to move BTW). The only way I've been able to see the song information is to hit the "info" button, but that only stays up for a minute or two and also doesn't move (burn in?). Anyone else try the XM channels with a D11 or R15? Are those of you with other receivers seeing the information? How is it displayed?

That is how it works on the new recievers (D10 - D11) you have to press info and no it doesnt stay for long...try changing your banner to last 6 seconds in the display menu. By the way does your D11 have the mini-guide?

I've only used the D11 a few times, mainly to do my Dish setup and pointing before my R15 arrived and to check if it displayed the song info on screen. I really hope they change that. Having to hit info every-time you want to see the song info seems like a pain.

I haven't tried to use the mini-guide but I can check tonight. The UIs are VERY similar with the exception of the items the R15 has that the D11 does not. (myVOD, Showcase, etc)

On my H-10 song information is shown on the screen with a blue background and writing, think it was DirecTV XM Music, or something like that. On my HTL-HD, I get the information against a black screen. But what is nice is with the HTL-HD you can shut the TV off and still get the song information scrolling through the window on the front of the receiver. When they change out my HTL-HD receiver for the H-20, I am sure going to miss all the features that unit has that the H-20's don't.

Interesting..it seems directv is going basic in terms of usefull or advanced features on their new units. On my tivo unit i get the info at the bottom with a blue border and it doesnt go away right a way either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts