Status
Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hi,

I have a Sonicview 8000 receiver. It's connected to a 12' dish with a new feed horn and a positioning box. It's been working fine for several years, pulling in the usual FTA channels.

Last week, I decided to have it re-scan 97 west to see if anything new had turned up there (in English.) It did actually find an English-language news channel from China I hadn't seen before. However, somehow, RT (Russia Today) disappeared.

Everything else still works perfectly, including several other feeds on 97W. I have a second receiver, and when I use it, RT shows up, so the problem is with the 8000.

I've tried all the obvious stuff, like just scanning the TP for this feed, doing a blind scan of the whole satellite (what got me into trouble in the first place, I think) and it just doesn't show up. (If I select RT in the favorites list, it goes to the satellite, but no signal.)

This is making my head explode.

Does anyone have any suggestions? (Preferably that don't involve resetting the receiver to ground zero and starting over...)

Thanks.

::JACK

You may need to erase the previous Russia Today channel from your list before rescanning transponder frequency 12152.

Some receivers will not update a channel if it already exists in the list.

I've found RT and Aljazeera seem to go down on a regular bases. My wife called me the other day and said she hod no signal on 97. The channel was aljazerra and the she tried RT and still nothing. ( under my breath I was saying what did she do now) but the channels just weren't there. I would try scanning again.

Nosbod said:
I've found RT and Aljazeera seem to go down on a regular bases. My wife called me the other day and said she hod no signal on 97. The channel was aljazerra and the she tried RT and still nothing. ( under my breath I was saying what did she do now) but the channels just weren't there. I would try scanning again.

RT and AJE do not go out regularly on the G19 satellite platform. We have alarm monitors on several G19 services and rarely have an outage on this transponder. You may want to check your system for issues.

Yes it has to be on the receiving end. I watch RT enough that I'd know right away if it disappeared. No trouble here.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Thanks... that was it!

(My fault, this... perfectly good instructions for the receiver in Chinese translated into broken English, and I just missed it...)

You've kept my head from exploding, and I'm most grateful.

::JACK

I've checked my equipment and have a 90% signal and a 75% quality pretty much across the board on G19. It was raining the other night but it was only those channels that weny down. I don't think I can improve the quality without going to a larger dish, and since I don't spend a lot of time on KU, so I can't justify spending more money.

RT and AJE do not go out regularly on the G19 satellite platform. We have alarm monitors on several G19 services and rarely have an outage on this transponder. You may want to check your system for issues.

I've checked my system perhaps you should check your equipment because these 2 station have gone down several times recently.

Just to clarify things. My last post stated I don't spend a lot of time on Ku, and this is true, so you may ask how do you know these channels are down. Well like you SatelliteAV I have expensive monitoring equipment that monitors these channels on a regular and notifies me if they are not there and the make and model of my equipment is called a wife.

These are the primary stations she watches so in this particular case I have will have to trust my equipment over yours.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend!

If the 12152 transponder or specific channels on the MUX are going down with any frequency with your set-up, it is not occurring on our receiving equipment. Our call center also provides technical support for 250,000 GloryStar viewers and there have not been any reports received regarding the intermittent loss of these channels.

Other than providing these channels to Glorystar customers, we have no other affiliation. So please accept my observations accordingly....

Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)