S10 hd torture test

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
Would the pentagon hd channel on 101w be a good test for recording HD on the openbox s10?Or should I try to find an hd channel with an SR of 30000?
I tried recording an hd wildfeed last week and the receiver burped.

Pentagon HD has 2 other SD channels in the mux so its an option to try but may record fine
If you can find a sports feed out there with a 29270 s/r those usually make the Openbox freak. I know it makes the azbox freak out

a sports feed @Sr30000 was trying to push the hardrive @40MB/s,which for the usb2.0 external case and old hardrive I was using was too much.I found a benchmark program to test usb speeds,the best I can do with my antiques is around 33MB/s.It was storing the .ts at a rate of around 1gig per 4 minutes.

The sad part is I could have been recording it on tape,but didn't.If I did at least I would have had something to watch later.

Pentagon HD was a strain on old hardrives and a usb2.0 case.
It recorded without errors,but playback was sluggish.

the Manhattan and a 320GB WD drive had no issues with a 29270 and a 30000 symbol rate. Have a couple football games on the drive (of course they take up dang near 90GB of the 320GB) ;)

benchmarks

I would be delighted if you ran a benchmark test to see what the read transfer rate is,so I would have some goal to aim for.

Attachments

• HD_Speed_ENG.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 81
I played with some oddball s10 firmware this am.From 6-17-2011 but it had no network tab or dvr tab in the menu.
I could record,but no way to play it back unless I hooked the hardrive to a pc.Was still no help with hd recording.

I'm sure glad that I have a Toshiba D-VR5 DVD video recorder/Video cassette recorder hooked into my system so that I don't have all these issues recording. I can record from one channel either OTA, FTA or H2H programs and then play back to the whole house on another channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts