S10 hd torture test

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
Would the pentagon hd channel on 101w be a good test for recording HD on the openbox s10?Or should I try to find an hd channel with an SR of 30000?
I tried recording an hd wildfeed last week and the receiver burped.

Pentagon HD has 2 other SD channels in the mux so its an option to try but may record fine
If you can find a sports feed out there with a 29270 s/r those usually make the Openbox freak. I know it makes the azbox freak out

a sports feed @Sr30000 was trying to push the hardrive @40MB/s,which for the usb2.0 external case and old hardrive I was using was too much.I found a benchmark program to test usb speeds,the best I can do with my antiques is around 33MB/s.It was storing the .ts at a rate of around 1gig per 4 minutes.

The sad part is I could have been recording it on tape,but didn't.If I did at least I would have had something to watch later.

Pentagon HD was a strain on old hardrives and a usb2.0 case.
It recorded without errors,but playback was sluggish.

the Manhattan and a 320GB WD drive had no issues with a 29270 and a 30000 symbol rate. Have a couple football games on the drive (of course they take up dang near 90GB of the 320GB) ;)

benchmarks

I would be delighted if you ran a benchmark test to see what the read transfer rate is,so I would have some goal to aim for.

Attachments

• HD_Speed_ENG.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 83
I played with some oddball s10 firmware this am.From 6-17-2011 but it had no network tab or dvr tab in the menu.
I could record,but no way to play it back unless I hooked the hardrive to a pc.Was still no help with hd recording.

I'm sure glad that I have a Toshiba D-VR5 DVD video recorder/Video cassette recorder hooked into my system so that I don't have all these issues recording. I can record from one channel either OTA, FTA or H2H programs and then play back to the whole house on another channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.