Sony loses two more PS exclusives

Boy they have lost so many games that there isn't much reason to get one if you already have a 360.

Hmm ok 2 down 50 more to go :p
Either way i never bought my 2 systems for all 50+ esclusive games...i bought it mainly for Gran Turismo series, Tekken , Killzone , God of War , Metal Gear Solid 4, Twisted Metal, and the FFXIII exclusive series on the PS3..omg, Warhawk, Socom series, Mercenaries.

Now on the other side i got the 360 because, Gears of War , Forza Motorsport, Halo 3 (not a huge fan but hey! its a must have if you are a gamer), PGR series seem to be good, Dead or Alive series (omg so hawt).

Also to ramy's post is is there a reason to get a 360 when they don't have many exclusives?
Sorry if i sounded wrong, but please think about your reply.

I am not leaning towards any consoles, but ya should let the people decided who wants to get what...I mean its all about different taste of games....

Metal Gear Solid series rumored to leave the fold by the end of the year too...

Final Fantasy shouldn't be far behind. Kingdom Hearts has gone to the Wii, it may or may not drift to the 360 as well.....

Virtua Fighter will be coming to the 360 as well...

You guys I have to be very honest, I dont know why Ihave a ps3 anymore, if Metal gear solid goes to the 360 that will be every game I liked on the PS series on the Xbox. I think this is a great day in gaming as now you can get any system and play MAJORITY of the games-M$ still has Halo, I just dont know if Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo are enough to keep me jumping back to the 360.

The programmers have a hard time justifying excluding the 360 when there are 10 times as many MS consoles in use vs. the PS3. The new sales numbers make it look like it will get a lot worse sooner rather than later, unless they have a sharp price drop....

Meanwhile the Wii keeps blowing people away in the console sales, but they can only manage two titles in the top ten of software sales. No one is sick of Smooth Moves, Zelda, or the Wii Sports that came with it yet, I guess.... Wii Play is coming on strong though (and has an extra controller to boot). My son almost bought that but went with Smooth Moves instead.

I just wish more of the games would come out for the PC. I used my PC for my gaming for years as I didn't get any of the systems after the PS1 and the N64 just used my PC but it was a lot of games I wanted to play that just didn't come out for the PC so I ended up getting a PS3 so I could play older PS2 games and PS3 games. Honestly though I prefer the PC I just wish more games would come out for it. That and that fact I wish you could have several people playing on the same PC like you can with console systems.

The programmers have a hard time justifying excluding the 360 when there are 10 times as many MS consoles in use vs. the PS3. The new sales numbers make it look like it will get a lot worse sooner rather than later, unless they have a sharp price drop....

This is interesting, as that's been the story in reverse for the PS2 vs. the Xbox up to now. The PS2 is still outselling both the PS3 AND the 360 by a wide margin, fwiw.

The development costs on this next-gen series of platforms must have shot up so much that all the old 3rd party 'exclusive' deals are just not feasible. Not unless the developer gets floated/subsidized somehow by the platform corp.

Guess the respective platforms will have to garner an audience based on first-party titles and truly showing what their hardware can do...

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times for Sony.....

Their BluRay gambit has them leading in market share right now for BluRay media sales, but did they sacrifice a 4-1 advantage for the PS2 vs. the XBox to get it, with sales of PS3s floundering as buyers balk at the higher price....

I guess you could say at least Sony's benefiting from strong sales of PS2s...which is a happy/sad thing, granted.

I mean, Nintendo is doing really well--absolutely. But, for instance, exactly how many original Xboxes is Microsoft selling to back up rather lackluster 360 movement? Have they turned a profit yet, Microsoft Studios/XBOX? Nobody mentions how orphaned their original console has become in the past couple of months (Halo2 extra maps to be released ONLY on the 360, for instance). But they don't seem to get the bad press/militant fanboy attacks that Sony does. Ah, the $6 Billion Plan continues.

As for the price of the PS3...it won't seem so bad once there's a couple of 'killer apps' to run on it. I'm not buying until its got a full plate of truly desirable content (Blu-ray and games inclusive)...and I'm 100% positive that many are holding off for just the same reasons. It's not really/purely the cost of the unit; I'll say it again--the hardware is reasonably priced (look at the Xbox 360 Elite, for instance, at $479 without wifi). Most folks delay a big purchase until they feel it's justified by some utility. This is no different.

Yes, but the elite will come with the HDMI cable..... PS3 doesn't.

They are in real trouble..... Do they keep the PS2 alive another 2 years?

Meanwhile the Wii is selling a ton of consoles, but not many games..... A lot of people are buying them and only playing Wii Sports on them, since they could only get Zelda and Smooth Moves into the top 10, while XBox360 has 5 of the top 10 (including no. 1 with Crackdown/Halo3 Multiplayer Beta), PS3 has none, and PS2 has Guitar Hero 2.

well lets not say the PS3 is doing horrible, they are outpacing the 360 at the same time frame in their lives, why do people forget about that one fact? even without good software (well till motorstorm).

Yes, but the elite will come with the HDMI cable..... PS3 doesn't.

is this really that big of a deal you can get an hdmi cable from bjs for $22. much cheaper then buying a wifi adapter and adding it to the elite or an hddvd player. The ps3 has the most potential of all systems out of the box.

The HDMI cable is a non factor, you can get one from monoprice for 6-7 bucks. The lack of IR capability on the PS3 however is a real PIA, IMO.

Last edited:
im sure logictech will make a harmony remote with for the ps3 just like they did with the xbox 360 and it will have bluetooth

I'm sure they will and we will all have to replace our remotes to work with the PS3. The point was that not having this capability built in to the PS3 is a major oversight no matter how you try to spin it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts