Sony XBR65X930D

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I am thinking about upgrading to a 4K TV pretty soon, maybe within the next few weeks. I have been looking at the Sony XBR65X930D or the Samsung K9000 series. Was wondering if anyone on here had a 930D series and how they liked it. I won't have access to very much 4K content, as the fastest internet speed I can get from anyone (except LTE) is 4Mbps, so no streaming for me. I have read where Sony is supposed to do an excellent job at upscaling with their X1 chip, and since most of what I watch will still be Blu-Ray and HD, I was wanting a set with a good upscaler. Thought that someone on the board might have a 930D and could give me a first hand report. I have read good reviews about the D series. Thanks

I don't own one but I was most impressed by the demo at Best Buy. And yes, you are correct in that Sony does an excellent job with upscaling. I've read that on numerous sites time and time again. Wish I could offer more. Perhaps the online reviews could be of some help.

I think he ended up getting it. My 65" 930C was an excellent display, minus some of the inherent side lit issues. Overall, one of the best tv's I ever owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)