Soon is here for new DISH HD?

If those dont launch this week then there will be NO new national HD launched this week.

I just made a few calls and hope to have a better idea of whats up shortly.

As soon as I hear something I will post it as soon as I can. As you might have heard my grandmother passed away last night and I have been asked by my family to help with her funeral arangements. So again when I hear something I will post it as soon as I can.

I'm sorry to hear that Scott. My prayers are with you and your family.

If those dont launch this week then there will be NO new national HD launched this week.

As soon as I hear something I will post it as soon as I can. As you might have heard my grandmother passed away last night and I have been asked by my family to help with her funeral arangements. So again when I hear something I will post it as soon as I can.

Thanks for keeping us updated during the personal time.

I posted this in the other thread but will post it here as well..

Ok so got a reply from a trusted contact and am told that they still could appear this week.. but if not definately by next week.

What a great non answer.

I am wondering if there is a technicall problem or something? I guess we will find out together tomorrow.

My guess is that they are afraid to bite off more than they can chew. They'll launch a bunch of HD LILs tomorrow and are probably concerned about doing too much at the same time.

That's what happend when they sit on there arses for several months.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Any details?
No... and what I said includes some "reading between the lines" and input provided by Scott from cable company sources.

PS Remember that in order to "launch" a channel, E* not only has to uplink it, they also have to authorize the correct packages, and more crucially, they have to add 9 days of programming information to the EPG stream.

That latter can be a wild card, because they have to depend on a third party (Tribune) to provide the information and then load it. They also will be doing the same for all the HD Locals adding tomorrow. You can't prepare any of that in advance, because the Guide information is not known in advance. In fact, that is probably a major factor in why new channels are launched on Wednesday, because the channels probably spend Monday deciding definitively on their program changes for the week, and then E* probably doesn't get the information from Tribune until late on Tuesday. All guesses, but it would make sense...

PS Remember that in order to "launch" a channel, E* not only has to uplink it, they also have to authorize the correct packages, and more crucially, they have to add 9 days of programming information to the EPG stream.

These HD channels are simulcasts of the SD ones, doesn't seem to be such a large hurdle to have 9 days of programming info ready to load in.

Not sure if I am on the same page here, but USA, SCIFI and Chiller all have 9 day EPG info.

My gut is still telling me we will see them tomorrow.

I hope my gut is correct.

These HD channels are simulcasts of the SD ones, doesn't seem to be such a large hurdle to have 9 days of programming info ready to load in.

True and the programming for the LIL or any other "soon to be DISH channel" have probably been feeding their (not our) database for a while now. As they don't decide to lite up a channel the morning of.
If they can go live next week they could have gone live this week, it's all in when they start preparing.

If you read up a couple of post you will see not everyone is a Genius like you, so I felt the need to spell it out.
And while I am spelling things out; it's Kojak. ;)

i think Poke was talking to Scott, as he had Kojak as his avatar recently.

a bit touchy, are we? But i guess we can't all be geniuses

People tend to get edgy when the talk turns to (the lack of) HD!

Note: Joking, trying to lighten the mood, not to be taken seriously, etc.... :)

My wife made me take down the Kojack avatar as people in the pub were trying to say I should shave my head bald like Kojack.

She says I am bald enough now. :)

My wife made me take down the Kojack avatar as people in the pub were trying to say I should shave my head bald like Kojack.

She says I am bald enough now. :)

I hear you there. I'm 24 years old and going bald. I had family here this weekend who I haven't seen in years and of course they took the opportunity to make fun of my hair.:)

I said something something about Kojack to a very cute, young co-worker. She looked puzzled for a moment and said, "Oh yeah, my Grand-dad used to watch that."

Oh, the humanity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts