"Sorry for the interruption" on locals

signal loss.
i think its funny when i service someones satellite, unhook the feed while they were on a local channel, come back when the work is done and see that message on the screen. 'there is no need to call us, we are aware of the problem and are working on it.'
ha! no, its signal loss. while you are on the channel with that message, hit menu 6-1-1 to enter point dishg. tell us what sat, transponder and signal strength you see. make sure you do it from the local channel.

usually that means there is a glitch on the local channel itself

My dad saw that a few weeks ago on CBS Minneapolis when they screwed up the transmitter on a Sunday. I had something like that on D* and OTA was nuttin :(

I have all new cable, freshly installed 1000.2 with a 722k, signal is in the 70 percent range on the 119...i've heard of technicians replacing the receiver and solving the problem but i don't see why the receiver would have anything to do with it

THis message is an internal one from the receiver itself. IF your ota channel is going out , it will cause your sat channels to show this message. Also happens if the sat locals are offline because of storms interfering with the uplink site etc. Usually if you fix the ota channel and change it to one that is strong and not dropping out on reception, the message goes away. A reboot also will fix it ,unless it is a satellite delivery problem at the uplink due to storms or if the channel itself is offline due to problems on their end.

SCA is right its signal loss ** Now if it was only on one channel , then it would be a current channel issue ... If more than one channel its definitly signal loss.. when you see that message if you know what sat your locals come off of. go to menu 6.1.3 and check to see if your getting signal to that sat. probably not .. that would be the reason for the message on all locals ..

Spot transponder 15 on 61.5 has been weak for months in S.W. Florida, averaging 27. It had been 9 to 15 until there were many complaints. This is the HD local transponder. Other transponders on 61.5 are in the 40's and 50's. We are on the edge of the spot beam. I wonder if this satellite is wobbling?