Sorry guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, I appreciate your positive outlook and it probably helps with your sanity (being on a relaxing cruise doesn't hurt having that positive attitude :) ), but in my mind I keep coming back to the old cliche, "the end doesn't justify the means". I mean, he still could have identified all the security holes and notified you properly and still left out the DoS attack.

Is the forum link missing for anyone else? (the one in the top blue bar, by home, new posts the lists...etc.)
Yes, and so is the entire bar beneath it, which hosts the Quick Links and other drop downs.

Yes, and so is the entire bar beneath it, which hosts the Quick Links and other drop downs.

thats what I am talking about :) just making sure it wasnt me as I just did some updates and this is the first time I was on today, thought I was going a little bananas!

One thing that's getting annoying since all this happened, every time I switch PCs I have to re-login. Didn't used to have to do that.

ditto...but it may have been one of the added security features. :rolleyes:

I knew they had sat phone, and I know they have sat internet for land use, but I didn't know they had it for sea.

Very intriguing method for a "good" hacker to use. It would make more sense if that Trojan Forge website was owned bye the hacker - help secure a popular website and the only cost is a few hours of redirected traffic. I'm very glad to hear that Scott was contacted and took it all in stride. I certainly wouldn't mind someone doing the same thing to my website but they'd be lucky to get a single visitor to their site even by redirecting traffic for 24 hours. lol

I could tell by the message left by 001 that things were getting better, not worse. No harm no foul IMHO. Thanks Scott and thanks 001!

I hope nothing personal was taken--as I had lots of info hacked from a website a couple of years ago--very well known company--they said nothing personal was taken-but right after that I started receiving harassing phone calls from a person claiming to be someone he wasn't about money owed for a Payday type loan and that if I didn't pay a certain dollar amount I would be sued and police would be involved--I had to file a police report and have extra security on my checking accounts etc. He even got my phone number at work and would call me there- along with my home number and one email account. The caller id number coming through was a different number every time he called. I could tell it was the same person each time by his accent-but he used different names at various times.
Also the email address that was on file with this site started receiving lots spam messages--whereas I had not received them before.
So anything like what happened here on this site is bothersome to me and the person(s) should be punished IMO. I changed my password.
My computer was just down for a week--power supply-- and when I got pc back and I tried to log-on to sat guys and was not able to was disconcerting.
When I was able to log-on later--next day-- there were other issues--that are corrected now--ads everywhere and I could not access the pub area--told I wasn't a Pub Member--I know I am so that teed me off more.
Had to get this off my chest. Maybe all of this was not related to the "hack"- I'll probably never know.

There seems to be alot of interest in this thread and the subject of hacking.

If you want to take it a step further, read the book, "We Are Anonymous" by Parmy Olson. I think going into specifics about the book is beyond the scope of this forum so I'll only recommend the book and say I found it fascinating.

BTW, CNN reported just last week that the group Anonymous was involved in some more break-ins into Israeli governmental sites. In the past, they've also broken into governmental sites of Tunisia, Egypt as well as Paypal, SONY, several banks and even a network security company.

FYI...I noticed that the 2nd bar of links is different (has fewer options, like no "Quick Links") on the "New Posts" pages.

FYI...I noticed that the 2nd bar of links is different (has fewer options, like no "Quick Links") on the "New Posts" pages.

true but the very important "mark forums read" link is there.

One thing that's getting annoying since all this happened, every time I switch PCs I have to re-login. Didn't used to have to do that.
I determined that it isn't just when you switch PCs...I had it happen after being away from my computer, using the same browser session that had been left open. So apparently the "Remember me" times out. Is this part of the new security features now? Because if it is, I don't think it's supposed to act that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)