sound drop on H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Templeton0543

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Central California
Once in awhile while watching a program the sound will drop out completely for about 2-3 seconds maybe 8-10 times an hour. If I back up the program it will play uninterrupted. On recordings the same thing happens unless the DVR recorded the interruption. It does not happen over my Apple TV. As far as I can tell from my recordings it has been going on for around two weeks but the problem took a vacation for two days a few days ago but it is back.
Here's the thing, I am disabled, unable to speak on the phone and unable to access the back of the H3, my son is here but not technically inclined.
Is DIRT still around that I can chat or text with?

Once in awhile while watching a program the sound will drop out completely for about 2-3 seconds maybe 8-10 times an hour. If I back up the program it will play uninterrupted. On recordings the same thing happens unless the DVR recorded the interruption. It does not happen over my Apple TV. As far as I can tell from my recordings it has been going on for around two weeks but the problem took a vacation for two days a few days ago but it is back.
Here's the thing, I am disabled, unable to speak on the phone and unable to access the back of the H3, my son is here but not technically inclined.
I get the same thing on both the H3 and the Joeys. (sighs) Just another software issue which seems to have been introduced with U927

I get the same thing on both the H3 and the Joeys. (sighs) Just another software issue which seems to have been introduced with U927
Well, I had to check and I do have U927 but says it was installed in May. I have not had the problem that long and I would think if it is U927 causing the problem there would be more posts about it. But maybe not!

Well, I had to check and I do have U927 but says it was installed in May. I have not had the problem that long and I would think if it is U927 causing the problem there would be more posts about it. But maybe not!

idk.gif

I've never had a sound dropout. How are you connected? Apple TV and Hopper direct to HDMI ports to the TV or through an AVR?

I have everything connected to my Denon X4500H and it receives everything and does the switching to the eARC HDMI port of the panel. Sound is played through the Denon.

Direct connect from H3 and Apple tv to tv with HDMI, changed cord and input, no change. I have a second tv on wireless Joey,as far as I can time it the dropouts are the same. I tried forcing an upgrade from U927 this morning but no go on that. It varies, yesterday was bad, today not so bad

Hello, Templeton0543. If you are having this issue with the sound happening on both the Hopper and Joey at the same time, it is possible that it would be signal related. This is something that we would definitely look into. At this time we’re not able to access account or equipment information to help with technical issues through Satellite Guys, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. We have agents ready to help.

From the tech portal:

There is an open ticket at https://xxx.xxxx.xxx for this issue with about 450 confirmations of the issue (specifically Vizio tvs) our office had another one today. On that visit disabling Dolby Digital Pass through resolved the issue (or appeared to).

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)