Sound Dropouts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For some reason I find this hard to believe. I was a Dish customer 9 years and had the 622 and 722's and never had a issue.Same surround sound setup the only thing that changed was Dish to Direct

Find me another thread that shows Dish was having audio drop out problems with HD broadcast.

With DISH this was a more minor issue. It was also fixed some time ago. This is amazing that it also affects the HR24-500. Just when you think the grass is greener...

HR24-500 is far from green grass. Only thing my 722k goofed was blanking recordings that were ongoing, if you deleted something from the EHD at the same time.

This "known" audio problem has been an issue for at least 2 years now or longer and D* still hasn't made a fix yet. It was an issue with E* too, but they were able to resolve the audio glitch. Maybe the engineers at D* should talk to the engineers at E*.

Drop outs still not fixed

After complaining to Directv about the sound drop out problem I was called back by a tech. who said that they know about the problem. He asked how my Directv receiver was connected and what type of surround sound equipment I used. He asked if they could call back to check and see it they get the problem fixed and of course I said yes. It has been a few months now and the dropouts are still there. No one has called back so I assume that they don't know how to fix it or can't fix it. I will only wait until my commitment with them is up and it it isn't fixed by they I will drop them and go with another provider. It makes no since to pay for something that you are not getting. I think the only way they will fix it is if people start dropping them for a different provider. Sometimes that is the only way a corporation will fix a problem. When it starts to affect their bottom line.

I am trying to convince myself to drop my Dish Network service and just go with Directv. I have been using a 722k, 722 and 622 with Dish and had zero problems. The receiver fees really irk me.

Reconnect and settle down to watch Directv on my HR22 and the audio drops for a second. Small glitch I think. But NO!! To my dismay these drops continue. Sometimes often, sometimes not. Try different connections and three different TVs and the problem is still there on just about every HD channel I watch.

A search reveals this thread and that it has been ongoing for years????? How on earth do Directv subs put up with this? It really disrupts the viewing experience. I was ready to dump Dish but now there is no way.

I am suprised all the subs switching from Dish to Direct don't complain about this but I guess that is why they don't bother fixing it.

My audio drops are via optical or coax and I am not alone. There is a huge thread at DBS Talk.

I have an HR22, have had it since Aug '08 without any audio issues.

You must not be using a surround receiver for your sound then, because it happens to everybody.

You must not be using a surround receiver for your sound then, because it happens to everybody.

I am using a receiver for my audio output but am not using the coax or optical connections. I guess that's the reason that I don't notice the issue.

I run my HR22 into a Onkyo TX-NR708 via HDMI 1.4 and DD is turned on without any audio issues.

Added: I run the latest CE firmware.

Last edited:
Maybe I should put my HDMI cable to the audio receiver. Right now the HDMI goes to my TV and then I use my optical out on the TV to put the sound to my receiver.

I have sound drop outs on one of my HR24 but only one channel. CBS College Sports HD. I have the same audio set up on my other HR24 and even a longer HDMI cable 50" with no problems. Weird it happens only on one channel.

BTW. I can rewind the sound drop and then play and the sound is there where it dropped earlier.

I don't think so. Have not noticed the drops on my other tv using the same audio system. I'm thinking it's my particular HR24 but like I said, weird it's only that channel.

My dropouts happen when hooked up through my Onkyo and Yamaha AVRs with either coax or optical. Both my HR22s do it at the exact same point in a broadcast.

It happens with my HR23-700, especially the other night on Disney first half hour of a show was unwatchable because drop in and out really fast then it cleared up.

I am getting a bit frustrated at the HR 24 audio drop outs, small issue but none the less a issue. To have to turn the DVR off then back on every so often is kind of annoying, of course cant exchange because I dont know if I would get a HR 24 back. Hopefully down the road this will get addressesd

This happens after turning the TV off and then later going back to turn it on

Also its not specific channels, happens on any channel

I've been living with it on both my HR21 and my HR23. One is connected to my Onkyo AVR via optical and the other via coax. Since I don't experience it on either my bedroom set or my other set, I thought it was my Onkyo. Nice to know that it isn't that after all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)