Sound Loss On OTA Channel

retrotv

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Middle Tn
Last week I lost the sound on one of my ota channels on the tv in my livingroom. It works fine on the tv in my bedroom. I can't figure out what the problem is. I rescanned hoping that would help. The sound came back a few days ago, then went out again. The antenna is connected to an ota module in my Dish receiver.

The channel belongs to the local Retro TV affiliate. He also just added Cozi. There was a problem with the sound on Cozi, low & had a buzz. The other morning it was normal, & the sound was back on the other channel. Then it was gone a couple of days later. If I can hear it in the bedroom, I don't know why I can't hear it in the livingroom anymore. Anyone have any idea as to what is causing the sound issue? Thanks

I unplugged the receiver, but it didn't solve the issue. I finally took the cable off the ota module and ran it into the tv. It's working that way. There are 7 channels, 6.1 thru 6.7, & I just don't know why I lost the sound on 6.4. At least it is working with the antenna connected to the tv, although now I can't watch ota's in my bedroom at the moment. Thanks for your reply, boba.

If it has 7 channels on one RF channel and you only lost audio on one, I would guess it is an anomaly in the signal that that particular tuner is sensitive to which the other tuner is not.

I'd call the station and ask them to reboot their PSIP computer.

Is there a button for SAP somewhere on the remote that might have accidentally gotten pressed? [Secondary Audio Programming] That would cut out your sound if it was enabled and the station wasn't broadcasting secondary audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts