Sound loss on TiVo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ds650

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Two times now my Samsung 80 gig Tivo has lost sound on a recorded program.
Last night I was watching Fear Factor about 20 minutes after it started. Everything was going fine then it pixelated for a second (like bad weather) the pic came back but then the sound went out & I couldn't get it back. I canceled recording & went to live Tv & I had sound. Any ideas?

Also, I understand most Tivo software is the same, however how different are boxes? Kinda like say to computers might run Windows XP, but one is a Celeron processor & one is a Pentium 4. My Samsung seems weak. It gets black & white changing channels quick. I love my Tivo but these little things bother me. Mostly because my wife then makes fun of my "had to have" toy.

There are some units plagued with this issue. TCF has it listed as the "color loss" problem with audio drops as the side issue. You can either tolerate it for a month or two until D* rolls out 6.x software to their units (I wouldn't). Or you can call DirecTV and get the unit replaced, if in warranty.

Your wife laughs huh? I tried to dump the DVR when I went to Voom and I dang near got decapitated.

She likes the Tivo but won't admit it. She is just rubbing it in because the VCR never did that. Plus whenever someone comes over I'm like watch this! Pause, rewind etc. cool huh? Hell yes they all reply.

no it's OK now. In fact when I lost sound, if I flipped to a channel I wasn't recording I had sound.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts