Spaceway 3 "Hughes KA" coverage maps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I sure hope they are not going to use the Prodeline POS antenna. My understanding is the ODU would mount on all antenna designs....yes??

I sure hope they are not going to use the Prodeline POS antenna. My understanding is the ODU would mount on all antenna designs....yes??

The design of the Raven and Prodeline now is the same design that will be used just modified slightly. They have been talking about makeing the reflector thicker on the Prodeline so it will be more stable.

Go to the Elearning website if you have not already and you can get some info.

Raven and .98 dish

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 401
Are they going to take care of their current FAP problem that they have where you are limited so strictly on what you can download? If not then what is the sense of having faster speeds if you cannot truely utilize it? Seems kind of stupid to me. Might help you short term for faster speeds but when it comes to surfing, once you get to a certain speed you cannot tell much of a difference. Where it really matters is when you download stuff and if you are restricted on what you download and the limit is not increased then it defeats the purpose.

Are they going to take care of their current FAP problem that they have where you are limited so strictly on what you can download? If not then what is the sense of having faster speeds if you cannot truely utilize it? Seems kind of stupid to me. Might help you short term for faster speeds but when it comes to surfing, once you get to a certain speed you cannot tell much of a difference. Where it really matters is when you download stuff and if you are restricted on what you download and the limit is not increased then it defeats the purpose.

I have used Hughes for years and have only been FAPed once because I wanted to see really how much I could get away with before I would be. Trust me the FAP is not an issue unless you are downloading movies or an abundant about of music. Like I really want to watch a movie on my computer anyway. Also you are not at all limited at all on what you can download. Why would you say you are limited strictly? They have absolutely no rules about what can and cannot be downloaded as long as its legal.

Tate, I looked but there is nothing there on this satellite system at all. I sent an email to them and will ask RSI about it, but do you know of something I need to do to get them listed?

Tate, I looked but there is nothing there on this satellite system at all. I sent an email to them and will ask RSI about it, but do you know of something I need to do to get them listed?

RSI should be able to put it on your page if it is not listed. It should however be on the very first page.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 364
I have used Hughes for years and have only been FAPed once because I wanted to see really how much I could get away with before I would be. Trust me the FAP is not an issue unless you are downloading movies or an abundant about of music. Like I really want to watch a movie on my computer anyway. Also you are not at all limited at all on what you can download. Why would you say you are limited strictly? They have absolutely no rules about what can and cannot be downloaded as long as its legal.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I had some photographs up on a webserver I was downloading for a friend. It was probably about 150-200 meg of pictures. Not a lot these days considering you can burn up a 1gb card easy with today's cameras.

I kicked off the download and we came back inside about an hour later...FAP'd! Nothing else was downloaded earlier in the day either. We didn't even get the full set of pictures. I told him I'd have to bring them on a memory card next time I come to his house. He was pissed that he couldn't get his pictures when he was paying for service. His contract is up in about 6 months and I'm sure he'll be gone after that. I'm not sure of Wildblue's policy but I know my sister burns hers up with pictures and Slingbox viewing with no issues.

Looks like a poor design with the coax going straight down into the top of the LNB assembly.

ding, ding, ding, thank you. You don't know how many of us have been telling Hughes that. I think they have recognized it would be a problem and will hopefully change the design before they go full scale. If not it will be a major Fing problem, especially in the north.

50 degrees elevation......man, i wish. up here its 38. even the top end of the arc for hns at 74w is still only 41+/-.

I guess thats one good thing about living in the south. lol. We don't have very many LOS issues unless the customer is just covered up in trees or if we are going to HOR1 which is at about 35.

Tate,
Anxiously awaiting performance reports for Spaceway. :hungry:

ehh. cannot talk a whole lot about it as of right now Hughes kind of wants us to keep a tight lip, but I can say the feedback from some of the beta sites say the system is running at a more stable speed throughout the day. Now when I say that you have to take into account the number of remotes on the system right now and even still the number of remotes on the gateways that are connected to the cells those remotes are on.

For the installers. Just wanted to let you know Hughes has released some info for installation and pointing on the installation portal. Glanced at a few documents earlier and saw a couple of videos from last month.

ehh. cannot talk a whole lot about it as of right now Hughes kind of wants us to keep a tight lip, but I can say the feedback from some of the beta sites say the system is running at a more stable speed throughout the day. Now when I say that you have to take into account the number of remotes on the system right now and even still the number of remotes on the gateways that are connected to the cells those remotes are on.

Will they let you tell how the latency is going to be on the new bird? I know it will be 500ms+. I was just wondering if they might be a little closer to the 500ms then current Hughes systems. Before Wildblue nuked us with their traffic shaping policy to "improve" performance I was literally rarely ever seeing me pings get out of the 500s. They usually were mid-high 500s consistently. Now we get 1100+ no matter what time of day it is.

Will they let you tell how the latency is going to be on the new bird? I know it will be 500ms+. I was just wondering if they might be a little closer to the 500ms then current Hughes systems. Before Wildblue nuked us with their traffic shaping policy to "improve" performance I was literally rarely ever seeing me pings get out of the 500s. They usually were mid-high 500s consistently. Now we get 1100+ no matter what time of day it is.

Nope still high latency. The new system uses bent pipe technology for residential just like Wildblue. It does have full mesh capability but that is only for Enterprise customers. To my understanding the full mesh pings should be slightly lower but still not great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)