Spaceway dishNET

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Texas
What is up with squinting? I've done dithering on many WildBlue dishes and exede dishes, and gotten great signal levels and speeds.
However this DAPT2 and "squinter" are insane. First I "rotated" the squinter and had to take the horn off to fix the o-ring which was now blocking all signal.
Reset eveything. Then I removed, rotated, then installed the squinter. Much better. Until I got to elevation, which came through as 2 for both sides. No amount of adjusting would help. Reset.
So point, dither, get 176. Great. Highest so far. When squint time comes, I just hit next. Now somehow sqf is 148? Wtf. I didn't touch a thing except the squinter.

Is this normal for Hughes 9000?

9000 systems are a different animal. My advice is to peak your dish to highest possible signal. Click test for center1 without the squinter. Your next 4 tests require the squinter. Set it so it reads around 90 or so. Leave it in the same position and run your tests. Remove squinter & test for center2. Click advance till "done". This is not technically how you're supposed to do it, but it works & will get you a passing ovt.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts