Spare 921

keitheva

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I have a 921 sitting idle since it was replaced by a 622. I'd like to sell it to someone on this list before it goes on eBay. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!
-Keith

Its a dead brick. eBay it to the hackers so they'll be chumped out in a few weeks when it can't get any new HD channels.

Anyone here should know that is only worth its spare parts right now.

I use my 921 as a noisy (fan, not electrical) analog demodulator. :D Plus, it still has some good content DVR'd on it that I can still access at any time. :)

It is still useful as an SD DVR and has a much larger hard drive than the 510. There is also the availability of the NTSC/ATSC tuner that make it attractive to some.
I guess you're right on that mark. I was still thinking of it as a HD DVR. But as a SD DVR it would be pretty good. Heck you even get PIP. I liked the Ch0 input on my old 921. I hooked up a baby monitor camera. Whenever they kid cried, I could change channels and see what he was up to.

I believe you can still do "manually started" recordings in HD or SD. Lack of valid running time interferes with normal operation of timers, and there's no guide data anyway. Thus, any manually started (& manually stopped) recordings won't have correct show information. It seems that with the invalid time information, the unit is stuck on certain show information on each channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)