Special Deal: GEOSATpro microHD - Product Release Special 6/20 - 6/30/2012

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ordered mine this morning, even with the promo it looks like it charged shipping? Anyone else?

The Promo Code is working on every order that we have received. Even with the promo code entered, if the customer has selected a priority shipping method other than the offered FedEx Ground, there may be a shipping charge. This will be the calculated difference between the discount for FedEx Ground shipping vs the actual cost for the priority shipping.

got my payment underway by paypal. takes a few days before they get the money and then hopefully they still have a unit in stock to send me. excited to see how much the wife likes it. charlie

Brian, Many thanks - - - just placed my order. I'm very much looking forward to this new micro as my Openbox gave up the ghost about a month ago. Kinda been without FTA for the last month. Thanks Again!

In the next few months we will be certifying the microHD for Glorystar and will add the ability for everyone to choose the type of satellite update (OTA-SSU) that will occur during : firmware, channel list or both.

This is from the firmware update thread.

Finally, we the ordinary people can get a copy of the esteemed MicroHD!

yeah, my wife read that and said "and u too dear"
sheese, but at least i ordered mine!! funny, it charged the shipping also.
honestly, i dont care, glad to have it on order!!!
Now i can finally take down my Christmas tree...

Does this unit have composite audio/video out?The picture says no,the description says yes.
Does it decode ac3 and other audio types? (why wouldn't it,LOL)

It's a micro so it comes with a mini composite A/V output and an adaptor cable for normal RCA connections

Does this unit have composite audio/video out?The picture says no,the description says yes.
Does it decode ac3 and other audio types? (why wouldn't it,LOL)

The unit has Composite AV output via a 3.5mm jack and 3 foot RCA (yellow, white, red) breakout cable. This output is locked 480i and cannot be "accidently" changed to prevent you from seeing the menus and programming on a regular TV.

223737932.jpg

The microHD has Dolby license and internally decodes AC3. Decoded AC3 is available via the AV RCA cables and the HDMI outputs.

I usually and still do dislike the long list of technological features that are typical of newly marketed receivers. Often they are ambiguous and even misleading. The things that interest satellite hobbyists most are 1. How many signal types can the box pick up? 2. Is the receiver sensitive? and 3. Is there ease of use?

We want a receiver that can grab the currently known types of signals like DVB S, S2, Mpeg 2 and 4, 4.20 and 4.22, H264. We want a receiver that can blindscan and record without hassle. We don't want to think about tossing the remote control down a mineshaft.

I was burned once before when I went for the Viewsat 9000 HD based partly upon tech specifications that appeared to indicate S2 was a capability. It wasn't and the Viewsat was otherwise not fit to be a doorstop.

I am not a first adopter any more. I am disregarding all the tech specifications and the lofty claims of the financially interested. I'll wait for a few competent sounding reviews.

Last edited:
The Promo Code is working on every order that we have received. Even with the promo code entered, if the customer has selected a priority shipping method other than the offered FedEx Ground, there may be a shipping charge. This will be the calculated difference between the discount for FedEx Ground shipping vs the actual cost for the priority shipping.
According to the Order Confirmation I have been/will be charged shipping also. I chose FedEx Ground and entered promo code newmicro.

Order Total:$125.00
Tax:$0.00
Shipping:$14.50
Total:$139.50

DRCars

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts