Special Deal: GEOSATpro microHD - Product Release Special 6/20 - 6/30/2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
How long does it take to ship these things out?
Web site says next day or 48 hrs at most... Ordered one on the 20th and it shows as waiting to be shipped on the 25th.

Sorry if you missed the headline on the product description and here on SatelliteGuys that the microHD should be out of customs and delivered to our facility this week. Delivery to our facility from the port takes two days after customs clearance. The microHD is not yet released from US Customs.

Product is typically shipped within one or two business days. In this case the product was in port and waiting offload and customs clearance.

You will receive a shipping notice with tracking information as soon as the order ships.

Sorry if you missed the headline on the product description and here on SatelliteGuys that the microHD should be out of customs and delivered to our facility this week. Delivery to our facility from the port takes two days after customs clearance. The microHD is not yet released from US Customs.

Product is typically shipped within one or two business days. In this case the product was in port and waiting offload and customs clearance.

You will receive a shipping notice with tracking information as soon as the order ships.

If that headline was there when I ordered I would not have asked, however, it was not there when I ordered as it is now.
If it was posted after the order was made then an email notifying of such changes would have been the appropriate way to deal with the issue.

As it was it makes everything "appear" on the shady side of things.

I understand issues may arise from time to time but being upfront is the better way of dealing with it; not the way it was done, IMO.
To post a promo to get free shipping then post something later on to have people expedite shipping again appears that the promo offered was of no value after all.

I just saw that the credit card was charged already for this product which once again the appearance of something not being right came up due to the fact that you did not have the product in your possession to sell yet and this was not posted when the order was made.

Do you realize the type of problems this could cause? I do hope this was unintentional.

Stargaze, you are mistaken. The dates have been on his site for a while. I saw it weeks before he was allowing preorders and after when I made my preorder within the first hour of him taking them. He had always warned everyone about this delay in the anticipation thread too. And to NOT get expedited shipping unless you wanted it shipped a quicker way once he got them in. He is giving us free shipping and the option to preorder so that you will get one from this first lot. I don't see anything wrong with that.

warranty??
The microHD includes one year of factory equipment warranty and telephone support, with the option to purchase another year for $29.99 at checkout. Note that many credit card companies extend the manufacturers warranty for an additional year for free as well. Check your card benefits and see. SquareTrade is another option which you can purchase for three years of equipment coverage.

Thanks DJ,
I did not see it there, and not that it would have made a difference in ordering it, just that It was not there when I placed my order.
After Ice posted the info I went over to the site again and saw it there but that was not there when I placed my order.

I have no idea what was there beforehand as I was not at the site before.
The pre-order part you speak of... well I read that there were no pre-orders being taken, only when the receivers were in would they be offered for sale. This was posted many times in the thread where people kept asking about them.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...eosatpro-microhd-receiver-27.html#post2805639

It's too bad SatelliteAV doesn't offer USPS as a shipping option. You could stick a couple microHDs in a medium flat rate priority box for $10.85, and it'd get to pretty much the whole country within two days including Saturdays whereas FedEx charges $14.50, takes up to five business days for the East coast, and Saturday isn't a business day for them. I was hoping to get it in time for the July 4th holiday since I'll be out of town installing a system for a friend but it looks like if it gets delayed any longer I'll have to pay FedEx's inflated shipping charges :(

Stargazer,

I am sorry that you feel duped, deceived or have any reason to suspect that anything shady is happening... We have been very upfront with the arrival, customs and order information. We have clarified the statement on a second posting after we observed folks ordering expedited shipping. The first post in this thread announcing the availability and special offer contains a statement of the potenial for delay.

I did not view this special offer as a preorder. The units were already produced, we had received a limited random sampling via air for product evaluation and the remainder of the product was already in port awaiting offload ( less than 100 miles from our warehouse).

I will be happy to address any additional issues that you may have with our special offer. This was offered as a special Thank You, but I guess that some folks always expect to be screwed nowadays....

It's too bad SatelliteAV doesn't offer USPS as a shipping option.(

We do offer USPS on telephone orders if a customer requests. Add additional dollars if you want insurance and subtract trackability..... On single microHD units, it costs more for uninsured USPS! :eek:

I want to order the micoHD but I need a dish too. Can I get free shipping on it too?

The microHD includes one year of factory equipment warranty and telephone support, with the option to purchase another year for $29.99 at checkout. Note that many credit card companies extend the manufacturers warranty for an additional year for free as well. Check your card benefits and see. SquareTrade is another option which you can purchase for three years of equipment coverage.

I'm sorry VO1ONE
Where did you get this info from???? I have posted the question several times and havent heard Brian and/or the forum liasion Iceberg. Its not that I dont beleive you but I dont see any flag on you as part of their team only a SatelliteGuys Regular. You 're probably trying to help but this is a very serious commitment and it should come from a trusted source. I have read all the MicroHD specs/Forum special introductory/SatAv home page and cant find what you mentioned there.

Where did you get this info from????

If you go to the SatelliteAV page and go through the steps to place an order, in the "order review" stage you'll see the following text:
EXTENDED WARRANTY - Additional one year of Factory Equipment Warranty & Telephone Support for a total of two years coverage

This is where you get the option to purchase an ADDITIONAL year. This implies that one year is included already. The part about your credit card company extending the manufacturers warranty, the link is different depending on what credit card you have. Since VISA and Mastercard are issued by many providers it's impossible to link all of them here. Discover Card's link is HERE.
Just use your Discover card and we will automatically double the original manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year on warranties of 36 months or less.

SquareTrade is a third party extended warranty provider. You can read more about them and their coverage at their webpage.

Delivery Update: We have been notified by our shipping company that the microHD is estimated to clear US Customs on 6/29/2012. They will try and book ground transportation on the same day as release, but usually delivery occurs withing 48 hours of clearance.

Clearance of a first time import of a product usually adds a day or two if any paperwork issues. We have been assured by our shipper that all paperwork is in order and submitted.

In the offer, the paragraph near the bottom starting with the word "Due" was in the original posting. If you notice the original post was made at 19 minutes after the hour (10:19m PT) and by (10:31 PT) 31 minutes I had made 2 posts. In the second post I noted the sales line would be open before the special started! I READ THE WHOLE OFFER. Regardless of what you saw, the line about customs delay was in there. One of the other things I noticed was the official closing is 23 hour 59 minutes after the banner says the sale closes! Who is complaining about that? (besides me as I get a check on the first banking day at the first of the month - Sunday is not a banking day!)

I'm sorry VO1ONE
I have posted the question several times and havent heard Brian and/or the forum liasion Iceberg. Its not that I dont beleive you but I dont see any flag on you as part of their team only a SatelliteGuys Regular. You 're probably trying to help but this is a very serious commitment and it should come from a trusted source.

carlospr43,

Not sure where you have posted this question regarding warranty??? I thought that we or Iceberg have replied to any posted question about the microHD on this forum. Please link if you would be so kind!

The GEOSATpro microHD is provided one year of warranty and basic telephone support of microHD menus and operation.

In addition to the standard one year warranty on the microHD, we will soon be announcing a new support service for advanced technical support.

"Single satellite, fixed dish system owners are offered a telephone technical support option for $19.95 per year for same satellite reception. Motorized or multi-satellite systems owners are offered an advanced support option for $29.95 per service event with event expiration 30 days from the service initiation."

This means that if you need support for integrating or trouble shooting with existing equipment or with products not purchased from Satellite AV, we will support your single satellite fixed dish system to receive one satellite (that you identify during the first service call) for $19.95 for a year. If you have a multi-satellite system that uses either switches or motorized dish or dishes, we will support your advanced system for $29.95 per event (30 days from the first service call) to integrate or trouble shoot.

We hope that these optional support service options will be welcomed by users requiring expert assistance outside of the excellent integration and trouble shooting support already provided by forum members!

Last edited:
VO1ONE
I'll drop the warranty issue here but this information should be clearly legible in the front page of the product advertisement without waiting to place the order to guest or know what it covers. I'll also put a hold on the replacement of my openboxes with the MicroHd till this and other issues are clear even if i loose the introductory free shipping charges. Thanks for your help

POST #117 and 124

If that headline was there when I ordered I would not have asked, however, it was not there when I ordered as it is now.

Stargaze is somewhat correct as to a brief period of availability.
I discovered about 3pm PT on Tuesday, June 19th that the "add to cart" button was active. I thought ok instead of waiting for the bulk shipment with free shipping, I might spring $30 for two day service shipped from the sample stock you had on hand.
I placed the order on the web page and received an e-mail conformation 3:03 PT

Thank you for shopping with -Satellite AV, LLC!

Your order has been processed and you may be contacted within the next 24 to 48 hours to discuss shipping options.
Orders placed before 1:00PM PST will be proccessed within the same day. Please allow all orders placed after 1:00PM PST one additional business day for processing.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 888-483-4673.

I'm thinking AHH I'll have it by Friday for the weekend. But the next day I noticed that the web page message was changed.

Important Notice: The MicroHD shipping container is currently be unloaded and will be in US Customs awaiting clearance. We have been advised by our shipper that the container is estimated to arrive in our warehouse on June 25th, 2012. Please only order expedited shipping if you wish to speed up delivery AFTER the microHD is brought into our warehouse. We will post to this page with any delivery updates.

I called the staff at the Satellite AV store, they told me not to worry, my order was shipping that afternoon!
Then they traced my call back to my work phone and asked if I was a dealer, I sad no and she apologized that my shipment would be with the rest of the gang at the end of June. Darn! I asked her to remove the expedited shipping and I'll wait it out. No hard feelings, I almost got my Micro early.

I went to see my therapist and I'm ok now. July will be here soon enough.

Stargaze is somewhat correct as to a brief period of availability.
I discovered about 3pm PT on Tuesday, June 19th that the "add to cart" button was active.

Yes, you caught the cart open during the inhouse testing of the cart and promo code.

The text and specs were updated and corrected before the "Special" started on 6/20/2012.

will satAv will sell the external power supply and/or the 3 wire connector as spare parts??
Yes. Also as Iceberg noted, these items are also available at most local electronic stores.

I havent read anywhere what the warranty covers and for how long???
Warranty covers against product defect for one year and basic support of menu item and remote control explanation.

Updated the product description on the website and added warranty information. Thank you for pointing out this omission!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)