Special One-Night CE for 9/15 -- No Weekend CE's

because this isn't the final release. you realize the ce software is beta right???? they are working on it. this isn't a finished product.....

LOL, you're exactly right. I see this a lot as an iOS Dev. Non-Dev's get a hold of iOS beta's and expect it to be perfect. They just don't get the fact that the purpose of 'Beta' or 'CE' software is to test it, find and report the bugs. You will have issues with betas its a given! Thats the purpose.

andrewj0781 said:
Has anyone received the channel logos yet? I haven't yet. Not a big deal but it makes it easier with the logos to use quicktune. I still have to use it I don't know all of the channel numbers yet.

My logos appeared now. I'm happy now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

srsly? I understand the point of a Beta .. I participate in the Android Dev community and have been in beta programs for a quite a few apps, ROM's, etc .. what I don't understand is all the hostility for pointing out an element that needs attention.

This BETA is looking great, btw... can't wait to go home tonight and continue exploring.

I don't mind the darkness of the top banner, it looks clean, stylish, and is a good contrast against the bright HD colors of whatever programming you're watching. But I feel the guide is way too dark and even morose looking. Very hard to focus on. I've used the browse feature much more today than I have in my 1 years time with Directv.

The smoke monster-esque bottom banner showing your location within a show takes up way too much screen real estate. It easily covers 20-25% of my 40" screen. I hope it is modified in some way.

For those who are complaining that someone pointed out the quality of an image ... well guess what? The person pointing it out is doing his job as a CE tester. He's using the software and reporting his observations. It's up to DIRECTV to decide what to do with the reports. Maybe DIRECTV forgot to update that one graphic and this CE tester is what gets it corrected.

That's the point of testing: use the software, report what doesn't work as expected and report what doesn't look right.

Now here's my report of something not quite right: Toggling from the INFO banner to GUIDE you can see that the DIRECTV logo moves vertically.

I'll give that argument about a 1% chance since this is a CE. A CE to me is for testing the actual usable features and applications and performance. That image on my 106" screen is maybe 4sq" and has zero relevance on the performance or usefulness of the receiver and the functionality. It really would be better if it wasn't there; just like the "posters" in the EPG. IMHO

To those running over to the other site and tattling on us about what we post here, please make sure you get your facts straight. We are allowed to post screen captures there and HERE. Doing so does not violate the rules as long as it is kept within the CE forum. :)

I notice the DirecTV logo in the top right corner of the guide near the date and time is now an HD image (or at least a lot clearer)

More features are available today that were not available yesterday. Those SD icons are now in HD as well

HDUIG12.png HDUIG19.png HDUIG13.png HDUIG20.png HDUIG15.png HDUIG14.png HDUIG17.png HDUIG16.png HDUIG11.png HDUIG18.png
pencil.png

Last edited:
DodgerKing,
Your series manager screen is distorted. It isn't supposed to look like that. My rows are the same color scheme as the guide / playlist rows. I have 0x552 on HR24-200.

For those that missed & want to see it in action ... most of the lag was that I was watching thru the capture device, not the TV in the other room.
I see you were watching KCBS from LA.

You should do another one now that more features are available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)