Special Retailer Chat Recap - July 20, 2009

They talk about the cost of the new dish for the retailer.

I hate to do this but I have been called into a meeting, I will need to finish this recap later today, but we got more of the good news out of it. Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Scott...can u tell us how much it will cost for the existing customers to get this new unified Dish which will get both 110 & 119 from 1 single dish (& hopefully also the 118 sat...since I will like to get some Intl programs but cant install a 3rd dish)

Scott...can u tell us how much it will cost for the existing customers to get this new unified Dish which will get both 110 & 119 from 1 single dish (& hopefully also the 118 sat...since I will like to get some Intl programs but cant install a 3rd dish)

Rajmarie the dish is for a special package in 110 for now!l

im guessing the single dish option is for 119 and 110 (Y Bracket) since people are doing it already... for the 61.5 we need a 6' Dish which cost around $600 which is why this new package nobody was paying $600 to view hd channels

They have a special package using only one dish at 110! That answers the MPEG 4 Sd question for me!

What does that mean???.....that 1 dish solution is only for 110 sat & for those subscribing to Dish lations packages and/or HD packages.

We who sub to America Classic package will stay with 2 dish solution for now?

Looks like they are going to a 110 & 119 Dish 500 (30" for PR) for all Latino SD & HD programming and using the 129 & 61.5 for English HD programming.

Last edited:
What does that mean???.....that 1 dish solution is only for 110 sat & for those subscribing to Dish lations packages and/or HD packages.

We who sub to America Classic package will stay with 2 dish solution for now?

Yes Raj we have to wait till next year for the 30" dish they are going to put a new sat next year at 119. Raj I did a special bracket a home I took my 4.5 dish a did a special bracket and rec two orbit locations with one dish 119 and 110:)

Looks like they are going to a Dish 500 (with a 30" for PR) for all Latino SD & HD programming and using the 129 & 61.5 for English HD programming.

Both 129 and 61.5 r useless in PR & Dish dont officially use them in PR. 129 because it dont reach us...& 61.5 because it requires 6 foot & not everybody can put 1 plus its very expensive

Yes Raj we have to wait till next year for the 30" dish they are going to put a new sat next year at 119. Raj I did a special bracket a home I took my 4.5 dish a did a special bracket and rec two orbit locations with one dish 119 and 110:)

Echostar 14 going to 119 will have excellent CONUS coverage for PR. You could easily snag an excellent signal strength with an 18 inch dish. It will also be capable of handling 5 transponders on spotbeams for PR.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...lite-utilization-information.html#post1842789

Echostar 14 going to 119 will have excellent CONUS coverage for PR. You could easily snag an excellent signal strength with an 18 inch dish. It will also be capable of handling 5 transponders on spotbeams for PR.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...lite-utilization-information.html#post1842789

Next year can be interesting for PR & Dish subs. smaller antennas plus possibility of having both position coming in with 18-20 in dish.....can make a lot of happy customers. I have to have my Dish on my terrace after the administrator disallow the dish on my penthouse...& I cant express how big & ugly they look there....& I m surprise that I get signals also since there is a wall plus tree....but I get solid signal on both sats...& only lose signal on 119 when it rains. Spots as always keep working.

I have not heard if Dish will offer something for upgrade for existing customers...Maybe Scott will update us once he gets back from his meeting or maybe 1 of our PR retailers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts