Special: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This product is exactly what a previous thread addressed. BETA TESTING.

At least it's one of the lowest cost DVB-S2 capable receivers to come along for those looking to get into S2.

I would love to see a picture of where Ice has all these receivers he owns and tests. I often saw pictures of his dish farm, but never of his indoor setup.

honestly it isnt that elaborate. I got rid of some receivers a while back so the setups are as such

basement is the old Viacast 2000 on G16 C-Band
computer room is a Coolsat 5000 on a motorized 36" dish

main living room is set up different

42" HDTV on top shelf
2nd shelf on left is Shaw Direct receiver and HDD/DVD recorder
2nd shelf on right is azbox & HDD/DVD recorder
bottom shelf on left is DVD recorder/HDD and various reciever (changes...this is usually where I do the testing)
bottom shelf on right is Coolsat 5000 & Toshiba TRX1420 (analog)

I'll take pictures one of these days :)

This product is exactly what a previous thread addressed. BETA TESTING.

At least it's one of the lowest cost DVB-S2 capable receivers to come along for those looking to get into S2.

It is a budget priced receiver with good capabilities. We will be getting a few units first. Initially, we may discover it may have some bugs that will need to be sorted out.

It is a budget priced receiver with good capabilities. We will be getting a few units first. Initially, we may discover it may have some bugs that will need to be sorted out.

Sadoun, next time you get a prospective receiver...might I suggest picking an old guy or two to test them for you on the 'down low' and report back what they found.....no need to be public, we can keep a secret....then this won't happen again...:D

And yeah, I am putting myself out there. I'd be willing to do it, I got lots of time....:)

As far as this model is concerned:
  • No 4:2:2 out of the box
  • No hardware Blind Search. Only NIT and Auto Search
  • No internal hard-drive included with receiver. You can connect an optional external HD or Flash Memory through USB.
  • E-SATA support is not verified yet, but I suspect it is available. I will check on this for you.

now more peoples attent our hd stb if support hardware blind scan, in fact , our HD STB is supported , now i show the pic to all:
of course, we will send some HD STB to sadou ,for bearing out the blindscan function, so we only default Europe satellites into our HD STB.
33z7in4.jpg

643595.jpg

now u can use remote and check the green keyboard to add ur need sat name and degree.
HDPVR6.jpg

then u choice u add satellite, and set LNB
HDPVR3.jpg

then exit an save ur settings to blind scan ur satellite signal.
HDPVR4.jpg

HDPVR5.jpg

Last edited:
On the last picture above, where the menu says "Scan Mode -> Auto Scan"... That is where there would be an option for Blind Scan if it is on this receiver. Testing Blind Scan should be relatively straight forward: Delete all transponders from any given satellite, then perform the Blind Scan. If the transponders are found again, then the unit probably does have real blind scan. Even better would be to add a totally NEW satellite, then blind scan to find transponders. Auto Scan and Blind scan are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS...

Peter,

Please take a look at this video. This is one of the best methods to perform BLIND SCAN in a receiver:

It shows the best menu setup for

USALS Motor Setup 0:00 - 4:00 minutes
BLIND SCAN (a.k.a Power Scan) 4:30 - 9:06 minutes

Please take notes about the speed setup of the Blind Scan as mentioned at 5:50 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking for a FTA receiver that is DVB-S2 and HD capable for under $200 (including shipping) this is a great value even without blindscan and extra features. Plus I love the graphics. Now to convince the wife that we need another satellite receiver. :)

someone seems to have some website problems. i cant make it to the sadoun website. infinite loopiness. id be interested in putting the hurt into one of these boxes (testing it). i always find the bugs.

crackt out,.

On the last picture above, where the menu says "Scan Mode -> Auto Scan"... That is where there would be an option for Blind Scan if it is on this receiver. Testing Blind Scan should be relatively straight forward: Delete all transponders from any given satellite, then perform the Blind Scan. If the transponders are found again, then the unit probably does have real blind scan. Even better would be to add a totally NEW satellite, then blind scan to find transponders. Auto Scan and Blind scan are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS...

we spend one hour to aimed at the NSS 11 satellite now,maybe the signal not good for me. but don`t affect me to test .
ok,now let us to experiment the blind scan the sat tp.
now i add NSS 11 to my STB:
2ltn9zm.jpg

then choose the sat:
k47cwm.jpg

now go to Antenna Setup , u can see no tp in the STB:
29wooic.jpg

if i choose Preset Scan ,the STB cann`t scan any program:
v8juig.jpg

now let me choos Auto Scan, now i get some TP and 12593H28818 S2 singal and programs:
11r3k40.jpg

now the STB blind scan finish the sat, i get 15 tp, 150 TV programs and 49 Radio programs:
wumsec.jpg

2kpuf5.jpg

now i play the first program:
w0jrpj.jpg

now i want to play S2 program, but it is NDS CA encrypt program:
2u5qhc7.jpg

2m3nrc3.jpg

NOW the Blindscan test finish!!

I am liking this receiver more and more. The graphics are clean and look great. Plus I like the resolution (480i) displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks DVBWorld for clarifying the BLIND SCAN function in the new PVR800 receiver.

For future improvements to the BLIND SERACH functionality, please watch the video I posted above.

Because I haven't found a single Coolsat 8000 or 8100 selling for less than $350 plus shipping I might just order one of these receivers as well.

Thanks Iceberg. Your receiver will be on its way as soon as they come in. Your valuable feedback and experience are appreciated here. I hope this receiver will meet with your expectations and liking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts