Special: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did too.

It needs a catchy name though, "Sathawk" sounds more like a meter than a receiver

Thanks Lak7. The price after this initial batch will be $199 plus S/H. So you got a good deal by being 1st to get one.

SatHawk is brand we have promoted before for the signal meters. I don't see why it will not fit for a satellite receiver? The receiver is a glorified signal meter :)

sathawk-logo.gif

Well I'm leaning towards getting one too. I've got to think how I'm gonna scratch the funds together.....Hmmm Income tax refund soon hopefully...oh yeah gotta get w-2's and file first lol....Blind

its like the azbox
you dont need a computer for that. The azbox just happens to have a internet option but mine isnt hooked up to it :)

Because I haven't found a single Coolsat 8000 or 8100 selling for less than $350 plus shipping I might just order one of these receivers as well.

hmmm, on the auction site tons of coolsat 8000's have been sold for around $100 dlvd (used ones).

certainly by no means hard to find.

I hope because it is like its own linux computer, the PVR800 is codec-upgradable to meet what appears to be a lot of format shortcomings like 4:2:2 chroma support. For a brand-new receiver, great price.

Note: When you pre-order, it gets billed immediately. That is why you get almost $35 OFF for pre-ordering. Ship date is by 1/31/10.

BTW, we are out on the 1st shipment of this receiver. Any new orders will have to wait a few more weeks (6-8 weeks). At this time, if you pre-order, just select "money order" as payment method. When we get the next shipment, we will contact you for your credit card info. Thank you.

6-8 weeks ...UGH! Does the pre-order incentive extend out an equal amount of time.......:rolleyes: I could forget I even ordered one if it took that long to get here.....lol

A few things occured to me after perusing the available specs.
1 - I saw no mention of SR in the specs. Reading some of the newer gen STBs having issues with low SRs and the SR cap in record mode on the AZ made me wonder if this box had any of these issues.
2- Is this box capable of utilizing stacked LNBs, either FW coded or possibly user configurable dual LO values? It would not be a deal breaker as this could be addressed in a FW update, but it would be nice to know it was considered in the initial design.
3 - Is there a pdf of the manual or other vendor documentation available for this unit? It might be nice (and good for bussiness) to have a look at the nuts and bolt of the operational side before commiting to the purchase.

I did see provisions for a CAS, that's a plus, considering the current hot topic in another thread. Maybe you could get them to speak on what CAS will be compatable. We dont often have an inside line to developers to ask such questions.

Perhaps you can get some feedback from your factory contacts on these points. The box looks very attractive if it will live up to the published info. This box appears to fit my purposes as I have no want or desire to stream U-Boob or surf the net on my TV. I have a computer for internet activities.
With your very gererous pre-order incentives, this would appear to be an excellent deal indeed.
6-8 weeks....yer killin me son.....lol

6-8 weeks ...UGH! Does the pre-order incentive extend out an equal amount of time.......

Nope, sorry. The incentive is no longer available as our first batch of receivers have been all spoken for and pre-ordered. The 2nd batch will be several weeks from now and it will be at the low price of $199 plus S/H.

I will work with the factory to get some answers for your questions above. Thanks for asking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts