Special: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
In most cases role of a dealer is confined to buying wholesale and selling retail, often with significant margin. Many do nothing more than that, no involvement in product development or support to end users.

Actually, we are an importer and distributor. So we sell to dealers and end-users.
Our dealer prices will give the dealer enough margin to make it a feasible business for them. Besides, we hire people locally and provide decent pay jobs. Not minimum wage jobs.

You say:
Many do nothing more than that

You should come over someday, and handle our technical support phone. You will find out that we do more than just sell and walk away.

Also, buying from a local company like Sadoun will give you the peace of mind that your business will be handled in a professional manner if you have a tech support question, installation support, quality issues, or return.

Not everyone out there technically inclined like Zamar23. A lot of people need hand holding to help them in understanding the system and how to get it installed. We get calls from professional installers all the time on how to aim a motorized dish, what angles to use, etc.

Receivers arrived and shippng today

Ok great news here.

We just got the receivers in house.

The receiver is fantastic. The blind search is Hardware BLIND Search.

It took me 1 Min and 45 seconds to do a full BLIND Search of Galaxy 19.

The Fashion TV HD picture looks great.

The receiver supports all TV resolutions up to 1080i

The menu is very easy to work with and user friendly.

I like the Channel INFO on the screen. It gives you all the information you want about the channel transponder, PID, Resolution, etc. I will take pictures and share here.

The remote control has everything you want in an ergonomic fashion.

Overall, I am impressed. I am still exploring the receiver and its full capabilities.

The only thing missing is a printed user's manual. We will get you a PDF version soon and post it online.

Sadoun,

Could you please blind scan a satellite that has DVB-S2 transponders and let us know how long it takes.

(Maybe 85.0°W AMC 16 Ku (Many data DVB-S2 transponders) or 87.0°W AMC 3 Ku (Two SD DVB-S2 transponders))

Thanks.

Ok great news here.

I like the Channel INFO on the screen. It gives you all the information you want about the channel transponder, PID, Resolution, etc. I will take pictures and share here.

Overall, I am impressed. I am still exploring the receiver and its full capabilities.

The only thing missing is a printed user's manual. We will get you a PDF version soon and post it online.

This is great news! :)

I know somebody that will be burning the midnite oil at the shop tonight......lol

Be sure the coffee service or the OP that is in charge of the coffee fund keeps a pot on for tomorrow's work day. I bet you will need it. :D

........but then again, the Boss can drag in late or play hookie, who's gonna call him on it?

My impression of Anole......pop the cover and take some

Pictures,
...............Pictures,
..........................Pictures......

Last edited:

WOW! Just that and the HD make the receiver worth it for me, as long as the sensitivity is good.

I'm skeptical as to whether 4:2:2 can be added in firmware, as CPUs in embedded systems are usually slow because custom chips do all the hard work. But if they said they're going to try it, who knows what will happen?

Jamal,

The member asked, as I understood it, why someone else can sell under the same name, and I answered how I understand it. It was not related to your company in any way. :)

Thousands of companies import from abroad and distribute locally products on regular basis, but they are generally seldom given exclusive rights to do so by the manufacturer. Even when they are, the same product will often pop-up shortly with a different name and a changed faceplate or packaging.

I personally had good experience buying from your company, but no support when requested about a basic product spec I bough, just a suggestion to try if it works for my application. No problem with that either. ;)

Last edited:
Sadoun,
I'd like to try a BIG TEN sports feed later in the week, if that's possible, it'll probably be on AMC15, mostly they are this season. I'd like to know that this receiver can handle a hi bit feed without a problem. The Vantage can't handle those feeds without video/audi stuttering.
:)

Jamal, Well I'm glad to hear you got the first batch...Can't wait til you get the second batch as one has my name on it lol. I've always had good service with everyone from Sadoun pretty much. Bill, Judy, Steve have always been very helpful. Only one problem back in the fall and Bill took care of it ASAP. I appreciate their tech help. I remember when I setup my first KU dish 15 months ago they helped alot via the phone. My initial setup didn't come from them...But I my second setup and everything else has. Not to slight our other sponsors as I've bought from some of them and had good luck as well. Blind:)

So, Sadoun, going with the specs and my earlier post............are the CA and CI optional or they come with it for NA. Take some pics of the innards, Man!

OK thanks, should adjust the specs to indicate that at your site. I will order one as soon as the 4.2.2 issue is confirmed working.

How much RAM you know?

I made a quick trip to Columbus today to pick up some odds and ends at Sadouns. I'm trying to get set up with this second hand equipment I've gathered up around home and on Craigslist, Coolsat 6000, DTN and Primestar dishes.
I walked in the door, and there was Jamal setting up this new receiver! Now, keep in mind I watch TV on a 27" SD CRT GE. I really don't remember when we got it, so his big screen looked fantastic! I watched him work through the menu's with ease. He loaded a boatload of channels very quickly. I'm a newbie here, have yet to watch a satelitte program, but watching Jamal work his way through this box made me want to get home and get back to work on my junk. I'll probably have questions later.

Ok great news here.

good to know :)

manual....what are those? ;)

Also have to give Sadoun credit. I got my credit today on the cc for the free shipping and the pre-order discount :)

I got my credit today too. No tracking data for the package is showing up yet though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)