Special: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What does "No 4:2:2 out of the box" mean? Is there a firmware update you can do yourself for 4:2:2?

SO far 4:2:2 has not been verified by either software or hardware.

It is safe to assume this receiver does not support 4:2:2. If that changes, you will sure hear about it hear. That will be the topic of the week :D

It's not a zip file, it's a rar file.

By the way, is there an electronic copy of the manual that we could look at before the receiver arrives?

upgrade the SW for PVR800:

Sadoun`s customers if got PVR800, u can download the upgrade file to update ur STB.

1. unzip the file( HDS2_flag_0124MC.zi ) to U disk or HDD USB Disk root list.
2. then plug the U disk to STB.
3. press " MENU"--Tool--Upgrade By USB.
4.then OK.

thanks!!

Ok, can you list the fixes in this new FW upgrade?

I cant get the file to open. Says folder is empty

edit: as Jim says its a rar file, not a zip. Opening via winrar fixed it

using a hex editor on it:

it looks like this is the default frimware from aug-27-2009 v1.0.0
or it might be the boot version?

Last edited:
Ok, can you list the fixes in this new FW upgrade?

the SW is customer version( add share CCcam protocol plugin ), if all are interest to test the function, pls try it.

we tested 4:2:2 TS, sorry, now the SW support the format is not good .playing the format show very much mosaic. we will do our best to improve the status.

thanks some peoples help us to provided some TS . (tested all 4:2:2 files work bad, H.264 files work very fine)

If the Lan upgrade is anything like the DreamBox800, using a USB Stick is much easier.
You could prob Telnet the File to a USB attached to the unit, then use the Remote and Menus.

I am excited with the potential of this receiver...........half-way there with blindscan capability. If 4.2.2 can be fixed, I'll buy this receiver in a heart beat over the Azbox Premium Plus.

Perhaps dvbworld can tell us whether it is possible with a new FW? I'll keep an eye on this thread in the future, thanks and hope you will keep working on this.

Last edited:
I will buy one of these right away if the 4:2:2 issue is fixed and the blind scan works well enough. Maybe buy two.

I will buy one of these right away if the 4:2:2 issue is fixed and the blind scan works well enough. Maybe buy two.

Well if you can get one "right away" get three. Two for you and one for me!......lol

Trying to read the intent here, I would say the FW update is more, if not totally relevant to the Euro/Asian markets only that can use sub services. The fact that they did generate a FW release and address an issue in question (4:2:2) in open forum is encouraging, an indication that a commitment to support is present.

DVBWorld,
It appears there may be some language barrier issues but I think most everyone understood your intent.
One poster asked about a manual or possibly some other documentation for your product. If you did not read the entire thread, here are some other questions I posted a few pages back to Sadoun that maybe you can answer for me (us) while you are reading this thread -

http://www.satelliteguys.us/2080079-post59.html

Thanks. This seems to be a nice product you are presenting here. I am looking forward for a chance to try one out.

Sadoun asks an interesting question on the DVBworld ebay site selling the Sathawk. It would be nice to know the answer.

The fact that they did generate a FW release and address an issue in question (4:2:2) in open forum is encouraging, an indication that a commitment to support is present.

Exactly, and if you look here http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-pc-dvb-discussion/130991-dvb-world-dvb-s2-3.html you will see that Dvbworld has been a member here for nearly two years and has been addressing questions about his products since he came. He has supplied many firmware updates here not to mention the help via e-mail to get my devices going. I'm sure I"m not the only one he has helped. I think he likes a challenge.
DHL says my box is in Canada so now the wait for the pony express to deliver.:D

Sadoun asks an interesting question on the DVBworld ebay site selling the Sathawk. It would be nice to know the answer.
Manufacturers are usually reluctant to grant exclusive distribution rights to a single local dealer, since it often sharply limits sales volume. In most cases role of a dealer is confined to buying wholesale and selling retail, often with significant margin. Many do nothing more than that, no involvement in product development or support to end users. Most dealers would usually learn about a product when its first offered for sale by the manufacturer or becomes popular. Having several distribution channels allows the manufacturer to sell more units, its that simple. On the other hand, its risky for a dealer to commit buying truckloads of stuff nobody tried. Of course, there're partnership cases when a dealer specifies or funds changes of a known product as required by local market, or even designs a product and places a manufacturing contract elsewhere while retaining product rights. Usually, if a dealer buys bigger load of items, say 3000/month, the FW can be customized to reflect brand name selected by that dealer, while otherwise the product design remains mostly the same, and can be sold under any name by anyone, unless restricted by an enforceable contract or law.

So no surprise here that someone else sells it, and I'd assume that the FW releases now or at some point might address brand name changes to make it visible on the STB setup screen.

Last edited:
From Ebay:
Q: Who are you? Why are you using Sadoun's brandname SatHawk? You are not authorized to sell our brand except to Sadoun. Get back with me and remove this listing.
A: Certain band

This has nothing to do with distribution rights. They are using Sadoun's brand name. I might buy from Sadoun but not from these guys regardless of price.

They have sold one of these to someone in France. This is from the end of the Ebay description.

Note the mention of the magical card reader and what it reads.

If User purchased a CA reader, the CA reader is magical CA reader, it can read original smart card, like Irdeto , Viaccess, Conax, Nagravison, Seca...

??If User purchased a CI modul, the CI modul can support the list CAMS:

Compatible CAMs (Conditional Access Module)

Compatible CAM

Version

AlphaCrypt

Aston I

Astoncrypt

BataCrypt

Conax

4.0/4.00e

Cryptoworks

1.0/12011

Irdeto

1.06/2.09

Nagravision

All

Pentacrypt

SECA I & II

Viaccess

1.0 V481/ V483

Zeta Cam

N/A

I thought both CA and CI modules are included as is and not options to buy????? Not that it is important to me but, I like to get what is advertised!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts