Split OTA HD to whole house

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ajpalma9

Original poster
May 2, 2009
Miami
Hey everyone. I have only one TV connected to the satellite so that I can monitor who is watching what in my house. It is run on a separate cable coming in from the wall. I want to get OTA HD though for the other rooms. I was going to install an outdoor antenna. I have the old wiring from when I used to have cable but is not used anymore since the Satellite in on a new, dedicated line. If I plug the outdoor antenna directly into one of my caoxial outlets in the wall, will that allow any other tv to receive the signal? will i need amplifiers?

You really should connect the TV Antenna to the cable input on the outside of the house. Depending on the signal strength from your TV antenna you may need to amplify the signal before it goes to the splitter(S).

Ok I found it on the outside and it is easy to get to. My next concern is the antenna. I am confused. I was thinking about getting the Antennas direct DB4 model but people are saying it is UHF only. But then on the Antennas direct website it says all their UHF models can get the high VHF channels like 7-13. However, my NBC station is UHF channel 6.1. What do I need? ABC and FOX are on VHF 10.1 and 7.1 and CBS is on UHF 4.1

As you only need to worry about channels on 8 and 9, a UHF antenna should be fine. Unless you live waaay South, just about any antenna should work with some elevation.

Electrolysis is an issue that you'll probably want to keep in mind.

well i live in miami so i am pretty far south. but I dont understand what you mean by channels 8 and 9. i need 4.1, 6.1, 7.1, and 10.1

I'm talking about South Miami (perhaps Key Biscayne?). Your ABC and Fox affiliates come on VHF 9 and VHF 8 respectively. The next lowest frequency is PBS at UHF 19.

Post transition, your ABC will be moving to VHF 10 and your Fox will be moving to VHF 7. The Fox affiliate may end up being a problem for a UHF antenna depending on how close you live to the towers.

Since you seem to be laboring under the false assumption that the channel numbers are related to the radio frequency, I invite you to visit one or both of the following links that will clear that problem up:

TV Fool

AntennaWeb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)