Splittling Direct TV??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eucker2

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
newbie here. heard a rumor that we will be able to do multiple splits for Direct TV soon? Is that the case? Have 4 receivers and only 3 lines coming in and don't want to run a 4th line.

Any ideas on how to split successfully?

Not exactly sure, I think there are 2 separeate units on the outside of the dish, each containing a line running into the house--so I could be mistaken on the 3 lines incoming. A split does intially work but not ALL channels come in on both receivers that are split. Problem with local channels and others.

newbie here. heard a rumor that we will be able to do multiple splits for Direct TV soon? Is that the case? Have 4 receivers and only 3 lines coming in and don't want to run a 4th line.

Any ideas on how to split successfully?
I would almost bet for that to happen,Directv would have some sort of special LNB and receiver combo. Because Thats the only way E* one wire DVR works.

It's called the Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) and requires the 5-LNB dish and an SWM capable receiver (like the HR20). There is a 5 channel model and an 8 channel model. The 8 channel will allow you to diplex in OTA signals. The switches have both been in the hands of testing users for quite some time, but have not been released to the general public yet. A release date, much like the new HD, will be "soon."

More info at dbstalk here:

DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)