Sponsors selling Openbox or Mangattan receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bongu

FTA addict - suffering withdrawal since moving
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Fort Worth 'burbs
I am in the market for either an Openbox S9/S10 or the new Manhattan receiver. I truly prefer to give business to a sponsor, but I do not see any of them listing these newer receivers. I plan to buy within the next 90 days and these receivers are within my budgetary limitations. The current AZbox units are outside my limitations.

I hear that one of the sponsors, that I have previously purchased from, is working on something new and I do not want to press for information. If this becomes available and the price is appropriate to the features offered, I would go that route due to the quality support offered.

I am very happy with my previous purchases from sponsors like that one and others and want to support those that support this site.:up

I have seen a lot of damage done by one of the sellers of these receivers(not a sponsor) and I will not support that site by purchasing there.:sick:

None of the gold sponsors carry the two receivers you mention. :( Sadoun, one of our former gold sponsors, does carry the Openbox S9/S10 . That's an immediate option. SatelliteAV has a GeoSatPro HD receiver in the development stage that they hope to get on the market later this year, but I think 90 days might be optimistic for that to happen. Their are other sites, more reputable than E-bay unknowns, and in the end, you can always shop on ebay .
I wish, too, that our gold sponsors had everything we want, but that's just not the case.
:(

Go to Skyvision or Mike Kohl at Global Communications if you decide on the Manhattan. Both have been in the industry for years and are very reputiable to deal with.

So who would be a reputable dealer selling the Openbox S10? My SV 8000 is showing signs of wearing out. I'd rather stay away from eBay having been burned a couple of times in the past, and I'd rather have an Openbox S10 than the re-badged S9 that Sadoun is selling . A cursory search on Google shows a number of dealers selling these online, but who to trust?

Thanks!

I would suggest Hypermegasat for a S10 purchase. He has the best warranty and is an excellent person to do business with. GregH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)