Sports Alternates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I know I have mentioned this before, but it's just annoying. I have contacted Directv several times about this, and they don't seem to understand what I am saying.

Right now, there is a press conference on NESN-plus, ch 628-1. A friend wanted to watch it but it doesn't show in the guide, if you have SD dupes hidden. It is not airing on NESN+HD, but it is on 628-1 SD. This has been an issue for a long time, but not until they re-arranged the RSNs to their current primary and subs configuration a few years ago did hiding SD duplicates hide the SD of the sports alternates. This press conference would have aired on 629 and nothing would be on 629-1, but hiding the duplicates would not hide 629 and 629-1. Overall, the RSNs being on subchannels is great and very organized and logical. EXCEPT for showing stuff on channels that most people have hidden.

I have gotten around this by not hiding SD dupes and making a favorites list with the SD-version of frequent offenders in the list instead of the HD since most of the HD stuff is blacked out. The drawback is that most things show up twice when searching, like sports on the search channel 1205.

This happens a lot (nearly daily) with FS Wisconsin and FS Oklahoma, there can be hours of programming on the SD -1 or -5, but not on the HD. Other channels do it, too. Why does Directv do this? Does anyone else find this annoying?

It's also not black and white...

Attachments

• 1429125389599.jpg
    1429125389599.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 187
but directv will pick up all kinds of live stuff on CSN Chicago Plus HD (it's a full time now not yet on directv) is NESNplus only airing stuff like this in sd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts