Shows Not Resuming At Last Spot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I've noticed lately that some shows I watch and stop, and resume later on or the next day don't resume where I left off but start back at the beginning. At first I thought it was me hitting start over by mistake, but that's definitely not the case as it just happened with The Americans S3 Ep6 and Bates Motel S3 Ep2 tonight. I'm viewing on the HR44 by the way.

I've noticed this as well, but it only seems to happen if you use the "Play" next feature that was recently added.

I've noticed lately that some shows I watch and stop, and resume later on or the next day don't resume where I left off but start back at the beginning. At first I thought it was me hitting start over by mistake, but that's definitely not the case as it just happened with The Americans S3 Ep6 and Bates Motel S3 Ep2 tonight. I'm viewing on the HR44 by the way.
You ARE hitting Resume, right ?
I haven't come across that issue yet but will try tonight when I get home.

That's correct. Even on 12 Monkeys Ep 2 I tried and it said resume and it still started it from the beginning and not were I left off. I'm going to try on the HR24, H24 later and see if it's the same or not.

That's correct. Even on 12 Monkeys Ep 2 I tried and it said resume and it still started it from the beginning and not were I left off. I'm going to try on the HR24, H24 later and see if it's the same or not.
Blackloz,
What software are you currently running on the 44 ?

Blackloz,
What software are you currently running on the 44 ?

0x99c updated last on Mar 25

Ok, I just watched part of Shark Tank (on HR44), hit Stop, went to the ballgame (206) went back to Recorded show and Resume is there, when I hit it, it went right back to the point I stopped watching, so in essance, my experiement was of no help to you as it worked the way it was suppose to.

How long ago was that software put on it ?
I'm running CE software but didn't see the software your running listed.

I've seen this from time to time and I haven't been able to figure out what is causing it. I've noticed it when I accidentally hit the "previous" button on my genie remote or sometimes when I hit exit (there is no stop which is stupid) and go back to the programming.

This might have something to do with what the genie happens to be doing in the background since I can't reproduce it on demand.

As I said earlier, it only seems to happen when you let it play the next episode using the automatic play next feature. At least, that is the only time I have noticed it not resuming where it should have...

This is exactly what happens when I watch with the RC71 remote. There's no stop button! How can you resume if you can't stop it? How do you get it to resume where you left off? It always works with the RC65...

If I watch something, stop it in the living room with the RC65, go to the list in the bedroom (using same receiver with a HDMI splitter), and try to resume, it starts from the beginning. I can't just pause it in the living room because when I power on the TV in the bedroom, it will shut off the receiver, too, since I can't JUST turn on the TV with that thing. It boggles my mind that they push those awkward, useless remotes.

ejb, have you ever tried to explain to grandma how to turn on her TV and DVD player, then get the input switched, and play a DVD with an RC 65 or RC 66? its infuriating. your type of use is NOT the norm. the remote isnt useless/awkward, you just have different requirements. in any event, it sounds like if you turn off CEC on the living room box, you'll solve that tv on box off issue.

Alternatively, you can get an RC66 from walmart and an IR repeater for the second room.

ejb, have you ever tried to explain to grandma how to turn on her TV and DVD player, then get the input switched, and play a DVD with an RC 65 or RC 66? its infuriating. your type of use is NOT the norm. the remote isnt useless/awkward, you just have different requirements. in any event, it sounds like if you turn off CEC on the living room box, you'll solve that tv on box off issue.

Alternatively, you can get an RC66 from walmart and an IR repeater for the second room.
I disagree, the peanut remote is terrible ... you lose many functions your already use to having on the regular White one.
Not only that, but I had a White backlit remote, that wasn't an option, it might be now, but it's a year too late.
I went out and bought a nice URC remote that does everything, changes to the correct input when you chose the device you want to watch, look at the icon and push the button and the rest is done for you ... including the AV recvr when desired.
Yes, its also backlit and has the ability to turn the lights up or down if desired.

The new peanut remote loses all kinds of flexibility, no STOP button is ridiculous, no color buttons, those are typically used often on a White remote.
The layout is crampt in my opinion.

Reactions: ejb1980
I disagree, the peanut remote is terrible ... you lose many functions your already use to having on the regular White one.
Not only that, but I had a White backlit remote, that wasn't an option, it might be now, but it's a year too late.
I went out and bought a nice URC remote that does everything, changes to the correct input when you chose the device you want to watch, look at the icon and push the button and the rest is done for you ... including the AV recvr when desired.
Yes, its also backlit and has the ability to turn the lights up or down if desired.

The new peanut remote loses all kinds of flexibility, no STOP button is ridiculous, no color buttons, those are typically used often on a White remote.
The layout is crampt in my opinion.

Great post. Cramped doesn't begin to explain it .

Have you ever tried to USE ANYTHING other than Directv with the RC71, let alone your grandmother's DVD? You can't. When I had a RC65 in the bedroom, I could do everything on my TV with it. The RC71 doesn't do anything except volume and change inputs, which is not easy to to.

I also never use the CEC on the Directv receivers. Even before I got the splitter, using the CEC would cause the TV to go black flash on and off with the picture. I never use it on anything because, for some reason, my Denon will ALWAYS revert back to TV mode when CEC is on.

those nice URC's, yea, they're not $20, go figure they're much nicer :p. as they say, you get what you pay for. the point of the RC7x's was to simplify. now i realize most people that are coming HERE are much more intelligent then your average Joe, but there are some really, really dumb people out there. trying to explain to them how to use a RC66((R)X) can be difficult, especially if you try to do it over the phone.

i do believe there is a back lit 71 being offered now, not sure if the 72 or 73 are though. the colored buttons were severely underutilized, so they kept the useful (red) one, dropped the green and yellow, and the blue is now the enter button (just tap for one line guide). as for inputs, as long as the remote is programmed, I'm not sure where your difficulty lies. press and hold until it changes or brings up the input list, then just keep pressing.

you've obviously made up your mind that you dont like the new remote style, and thats fine. just know that your use far exceeds the average.

I love the new remote. Very stylish, simple, compact, comfortable, and functional. It's the best remote I've ever used. I just wish the functions of the enter and right arrow buttons were reversed. The right arrow should bring up the mini guide and the enter button should bring up the apps.

those nice URC's, yea, they're not $20, go figure they're much nicer :p. as they say, you get what you pay for. the point of the RC7x's was to simplify. now i realize most people that are coming HERE are much more intelligent then your average Joe, but there are some really, really dumb people out there. trying to explain to them how to use a RC66((R)X) can be difficult, especially if you try to do it over the phone.

i do believe there is a back lit 71 being offered now, not sure if the 72 or 73 are though. the colored buttons were severely underutilized, so they kept the useful (red) one, dropped the green and yellow, and the blue is now the enter button (just tap for one line guide). as for inputs, as long as the remote is programmed, I'm not sure where your difficulty lies. press and hold until it changes or brings up the input list, then just keep pressing.

you've obviously made up your mind that you dont like the new remote style, and thats fine. just know that your use far exceeds the average.
Me, myself have already invested in the URC, so No, I have no use for the peanut one, but that doesn't mean others don't like it .

I thought the old White one was Simplified enough, it had a decent feel to it and it was laid out reasonably well.

Had D* just brought out a new White remote that handled the new frequencies, everything would have been fine.

Personally, I think they were trying to appease the old Tivo fans when they designed this one.

Not sure why they would do that seeing the Tivo line and D* never really aligned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)