Sports Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

docshank

Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I'm extremely new to FTA. Actually I'm still in the equipment buying planning stage. I think I'm going to go with the ConaxSat Trio and a Wave Frontier T-90 with multiple dual lnbf's. After I get everything up and going the way I want it, I'll add a second receiver for my wife.

My question is what satellites seem to have the most sports feeds on them? I'm trying to figure out my 40 degree window for the dish. Knowing what satellites provide the most sports feeds and news feeds would help me choose.

From what little time I've spent on this site I have learned alot. Thanks in advance for any advice. I live in Northwest Tennessee and have a wide open view of the Southern Sky.:D

Hard to say, they are spread out all over the satellite arc. Seems to me that most of the sports stuff is on the sats higher in the sky (east) , maybe they're easier to hit from stadiums and such. Or could be they are the ones who give the best rates lol, who knows. You'll figure out where the best places are for the stuff you like once you get setup and start scanning the sats.

Can you get a Canadian feed of channels through FTA?

I'm beginning to lean toward an FTA system but the only extra dish I have is a dual-LNB DISH Network dish. I've heard some people say they have stumbled across things like WWE tapings and so-forth. Is it possible to run across an MLB game in the same fashion (no announcing, etc)?

Would a DISH Network dish work for this?

P.S. Not trying to talk hack stuff just uncertain how it all works.

Satellites "higher in the sky" depends on where you're at in the US. Scanning to see what's there doesn't help for setting up a T90, your have to determine the center of the ARC prior to setting it up. Kinda chicken/egg thing. I am not a sports fan - so I can't help. Others that are need to add their 2 cents worth.
Bob
I walked on icebergs reply, but it is good that you are getting some real sats to think about.

Last edited:
Guilty As Noted !!!

I forgot all about that part of it>which are higher in the sky IS relative to your location on the planet lol. Funny how that works.
And if he wants a T90 he'll have a bunch of lnbs aiming toward Galaxy 17 neighborhood.

Can you get a Canadian feed of channels through FTA?

I'm beginning to lean toward an FTA system but the only extra dish I have is a dual-LNB DISH Network dish. I've heard some people say they have stumbled across things like WWE tapings and so-forth. Is it possible to run across an MLB game in the same fashion (no announcing, etc)?

Would a DISH Network dish work for this?

P.S. Not trying to talk hack stuff just uncertain how it all works.

The small dish equipment is not going to work for FTA, unfortunately there's not much Canadian feeds :(, it's possible to run into any kind of programing, some more than others :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts