Sports Pack Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sparty10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I live in an area that is considered the "blackout region" for the Detroit Tigers. Even though I live in a different state AND its over 5 hours away from Comerica Park. Anyways I saw that directv with the sports pack says i would get the Tigers game's, currently I just get comcast sportsnet chicago for free but if i add the sports pack they say the Tigers game's won't be blacked out. Is it possible to get them to switch Comcast Sportsnet Chicago for Fox Sports Detroit without getting the sports package since it seems i'm in a region that could go for either one?

Zip code is 46538

Thanks for any help

I think the sports blackout areas are determined by leagues, not by DTV...

Looking at your ZIP code on a map, that is a tough call. You are between several big cities. Looks like Fort Wayne would be the nearest DTV local market so that probably determines which RSN you get. Which sports channel does your local cable company offer?

Looking at your ZIP code on a map, that is a tough call. You are between several big cities. Looks like Fort Wayne would be the nearest DTV local market so that probably determines which RSN you get. Which sports channel does your local cable company offer?

They offer comcast sportsnet chicago, when I typed in the zip code on DTV website to see the blackouts it lists that with the purchase of the sports pack Tigers games would be available, just makes me curious as to whether anyone has ever gotten them to switch channels in a situation like this.

You are correct in this statement.

OP, I would go the sports pack route, I believe you will get the Tigers going that route, but I don't know if you will get the HD version, the HD rules are a bit different, but it's worth a try.

edit: According to the webpage, you will get the HD version, maybe they have changed theare as, I had a long talk with the Engineer at FSN last year about the HD portion, he said that the HD signal was being sent out and that I should get it, after talking with D* while he was on the phone, D * could not change anything, until the correct info was put into the D* database, what it came down to was the list that D* had , did not have my zip code in it, the gentleman from FSN made a few calls, as I should have been able to get it and I had it available a few days later.

Jimbo

It is common in markets where there are several teams eligible on different RSNs to give one or two of the closest RSNs, and then offer the additional ones as a premium, requiring sports pack or the premier package. I have even seen a couple that require the "plus" package upgrade instead of sports pack.

So what you are seeing is common in areas between major markets.

edit: According to the webpage, you will get the HD version, maybe they have changed theare as, I had a long talk with the Engineer at FSN last year about the HD portion, he said that the HD signal was being sent out and that I should get it, after talking with D* while he was on the phone, D * could not change anything, until the correct info was put into the D* database, what it came down to was the list that D* had , did not have my zip code in it, the gentleman from FSN made a few calls, as I should have been able to get it and I had it available a few days later.

Jimbo
How far out of the "normal" footprint were you for the HD feed? I would like to get more Braves coverage in HD (namely on PeachtreeTV) but channel 617 appears to be a "game only" channel in the Charleston area...about 5 hours away East/SouthEast. Would that be too far for the Atlanta spotbeam to cover? I think I already know the answer, but if it is possible, I would love to make that same phone call. :D

How far out of the "normal" footprint were you for the HD feed? I would like to get more Braves coverage in HD (namely on PeachtreeTV) but channel 617 appears to be a "game only" channel in the Charleston area...about 5 hours away East/SouthEast. Would that be too far for the Atlanta spotbeam to cover? I think I already know the answer, but if it is possible, I would love to make that same phone call. :D

I am only 50 miles away from Detroit, so the footprint should have been no problem.

Jimbo

Yeah, I figured it was more distance for me. Sitting in the #100 DMA means LOOOOONG waiting for me to get more "local/regional" HD. Oh well...good things are on the horizon.

Yeah, I figured it was more distance for me. Sitting in the #100 DMA means LOOOOONG waiting for me to get more "local/regional" HD. Oh well...good things are on the horizon.

Toledo is somewhere around 68-74, it started at 68 when this all got started... it keeps changing, but probably doesn't mean anything anyways.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts