Sports Pak question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
On the DirecTV website it says that the Sports Pack is $12.00 or LESS. How do I get a price less than $12.00? I think $12.00 is kinda high knowing I paid $1.25 for the sports pack with cable.

On the DirecTV website it says that the Sports Pack is $12.00 or LESS. How do I get a price less than $12.00? I think $12.00 is kinda high knowing I paid $1.25 for the sports pack with cable.

The way DTV does it is like this. The Sports Pack is considered a premium service just like HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. The pricing is like this:

One Premium Service is 12 bucks. The second one is 11 bucks (23 total). The third is 10 bucks (33 total). The fourth is 8 bucks (41 total). And the fifth is 7 bucks (48 total).

So assuming you have no premiums now it would cost you 12 bucks. Let's assume you have all four movie premiums. The Sports Pack would then become the fifth premium and cost you and additional 7 bucks instead of 12 bucks.

Give this a try though. I did this last year and people are still doing it. Call DTV and tell them you heard about an offer where you can get the Sports Pack added with a $10 credit per month for six months. That would drop the price to 2 bucks a month for the next six months. I had the Total Choice Plus package when I got that deal on the Sports Pack.

Good Luck

The problem with Sports Pack though is that you can not always watch everything that is on all the channels. For example, I am a Syracuse alumni living in TX and that is one of the main reasons I signed up for the Sports Pack. The past few weeks MSG has always had the game but it's always been blocked out for me and said to look for alternate programming. Fortunately there's always been a Fox Sports Net channel showing it and that came through. This past weekend was different as there was no alternate programming other than the ESPN Gamezone and I wasn't going to pay $21.95 to watch the game. I called D* to see what was up and they said MSG was only for NY residents for certain shows. Oh well.

thats the main reason I dumped it, becouse you really don't get any of the games that you would be interested in unless you have all the individual sports packs (which I didn't really care about anyway), however I was hoping that there would be other sports programming on unfortunatly FSN is horrible showing lots of poker (which is not a sport) but I guess its cheep filler. For my money I canned the sports pack and picked up Setanta.

Basically, the Sports Pak is great for your local team, other than that, it's not worth the money.
They would like to get everyone to buy the individual sport packages, except you cannot afford All of them.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)