SportsNet New York, Now Available!

Hmm. I'm also not getting it on my 942 or 721. I even check switched the 942 so it would re-download the guide info. What satellite is it supposed to be on? Spotbeam?

Last edited:
SportsNet New York Launched on DISH Network; Mets Fans Get Access to up to 125 Games During the 2006 Season
NEW YORK & ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 6, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today it launched SportsNet New York, the television home of the New York Mets and Jets.

SportsNet New York, a 24/7 regional sports and entertainment television network, will feature up to 125 regular season Mets telecasts this season. DISH Network customers, who subscribe to America's Top 60+, DishHD Silver or any higher package, now have access to these games on channel 438.

"SportsNet New York is a great addition to our robust sports line-up and gives Mets fans complete coverage of their team," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "With SportsNet New York on DISH Network, customers now have access to the Mets without the need for extra, costly services."

"We are thrilled to announce that starting tonight, SportsNet New York will be available to DISH Network subscribers," said Jon Litner, President of SportsNet New York. "We look forward to providing DISH Network subscribers with the most comprehensive sports network in New York -- featuring 125 Mets games, in-depth coverage of the Jets and unparalleled coverage of all New York sports through our SportsNite shows."

SportsNet New York's next Mets telecast is scheduled for tonight at 7:10 p.m. (EDT), when the Mets face the Washington Nationals.

DISH Network now offers new customers an additional $100 off, plus three months free of Starz(TM) Moviepack, when they sign up for America's Top 120 programming package. America's Top 120 includes more than 165 all-digital channels for only $39.99 per month, plus local channels can be added for just $5. This offer comes complete with free standard professional installation, no hardware to buy and a free digital video recorder (DVR) equipment upgrade with an 18-month commitment.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 12 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 800-333-DISH (3474).

About SportsNet New York

SportsNet New York (SNY), which launched March 16, 2006, is New York's new regional sports network founded by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Time Warner and Comcast. SNY is a 24/7 regional sports and entertainment television network that will feature up to 125 regular season New York Mets telecasts -- as well as provide unparalleled live sports and local news coverage to the Tri-State area through three nightly "SportsNite" shows. SNY will be available to viewers in New York, Connecticut, most of New Jersey and northeastern Pennsylvania. In addition to Mets games, SNY is also the official year-round television home of the New York Jets, providing viewers the most exclusive coverage and access to the Jets organization and its players. SNY will also televise other professional and collegiate sports, including basketball and football games from the Big East and Big Ten conferences, as well as classic sports and event programming. SNY will also feature exclusive interview and magazine programs.

I have waited for this channel. Now is available and I cant see it because I have HD PLATINUM. I will have to downgrade to HD Gold. I have no idea why they did this. If my math is correct I will save some mony if I also add HBO and Starz. Is anybody else with HD Platinum having the same problem???

Well...... I dont know whats going on. I have checked the switch many times. Reboot and nothing. I called Dish CS and was told to wait. That it might time a day. But as I have read....alot of people living in NYC area already has it.....:(

alexgmny said:
I have waited for this channel. Now is available and I cant see it because I have HD PLATINUM. I will have to downgrade to HD Gold. I have no idea why they did this. If my math is correct I will save some mony if I also add HBO and Starz. Is anybody else with HD Platinum having the same problem???

HD plat gets everything ;) Other than playboy, adult and ppv channels, oh forgot about the int programming.. and supers and sports pack :)
BTW i have it here as well (sports pack)

E* makes a deal with SNY, Beltran gets his first hit which was a HR, and the mets looks like they are going to win. Maybe I should play Mega Millions (which is currently @ $162 Million) :D

Congrats! This Mets fan down in SC is jealous of you guys...wish i could pick it up too! (The MLB Extra Innings is just too expensive)

Y'all enjoy it. Looks like the Mets' new offense is firing on all eight cylinders tonight too!

alexgmny said:
Well...... I dont know whats going on. I have checked the switch many times. Reboot and nothing. I called Dish CS and was told to wait. That it might time a day. But as I have read....alot of people living in NYC area already has it.....:(

Did you do a "pull the plug" reboot? or just a soft reboot.

Can't hurt to pull the plug.

Go back through the thread and find that map, maybe you guys are outside the area defined by dish...

I also saw no mention of HD, even from the channel stats. With STO, they said something like 61 of the home games will be in HD, but none of the road games (20 home games, also in HD, are airing on the local NBC channel, not STO...for the math whizzes...), but I see no mention of any HD in the press release in this thread...

And one of my best friends lives in queens and is a die-hard met fan, so I think i'm not just some clueless ohio guy, I know how met fans feel...though he's been watching SNY on TWC since mid-march...

I think SNY having the Jets and other content really helps. It probably helped STO as well, though they don't have anything else on the channel yet. This channel is like 3 months old, i'm shocked they got all the deals done in time. If they landed the cavs they'd really have something worth paying for...

And i think the dish site doesn't list HD platinum or AEP because it's kind of assumed that the "everything" packages will have new channels, ya know? They're "everything" for a reason...

I still think anyone in the country should be able to purchase any RSN. Why should you have to be in NY to watch SNY? Not everyone stays in their hometown, or has ever lived in the region of their favorite team. If I wanted to watch SNY, I should be able to pay the fee and have the channel...just like anyone in NY who wants to watch the indians should be able to pay the fee (what, 2 bucks a month?) to watch the indians...

In live in queens and this morning before I can to work I checked my 622 and SNY 438 was still not showing on the program list. Last night i rebooted and checked the switches several times and nothing. I even called around 11pm Dish Networka and the CS told me that it takes some times days until a channel shows up in the receiver (?) Is any body else (who lives in NYC) having the same problems? I currently have HD Plat.

That's odd Alex..

I've had it since last night on both my 211 and 622 receivers.

I watched SportsRise this morning before work - and I noticed one of Philly's SportsNet anchors must have jumped ship to NY - Matt Yalloff!!! :eek:

Purogamer said:
I still think anyone in the country should be able to purchase any RSN. Why should you have to be in NY to watch SNY? Not everyone stays in their hometown, or has ever lived in the region of their favorite team. If I wanted to watch SNY, I should be able to pay the fee and have the channel...just like anyone in NY who wants to watch the indians should be able to pay the fee (what, 2 bucks a month?) to watch the indians...

Thats a nice thought anyways.

Not sure if SNY gets added to the RSN Sports pack or not, but if all the games are blacked out, there probably isnt much point having it.

Finally we got SNY... I had to call dish network today to get this network though... but I’m not going to complain about that…Anyway I am happy that Charlie finally came through for us NY sports fans... Maybe YES network will be next... ;)

DWS44 said:
Thats a nice thought anyways.

Not sure if SNY gets added to the RSN Sports pack or not, but if all the games are blacked out, there probably isnt much point having it.
watched the amazins on the free EI view tonite..Wow what an offense..However I am real worried about this Julio guy they picked up for Benson..He has gotten shelled in his first two outings..has given up 7 runs...
Anyway, now that E* has picked up SNY, I think I will take the plunge and get EI...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)