SportsNet New York, Now Available!

Scottie318 said:
It is truly unbelievable that MSG/FSNY are basically junk and their costs INCREASE when they LOSE professional teams. What is the deal with that?!

I've really had enough of this nonsense. I partly blame DISH for screwing everyone in NY but this is really getting out of hand. Why should Cablevision be allowed to package distribution rights for MSG/FSNY TOGETHER? Where else does that happen with any RSN? I can't think of any situation. Perhaps I am not informed enough on the negotiating rights for the other RSNs.

MSG = Garbage
FSNY = EVEN WORSE!

DISH says "We want to keep the cost down!"

However, the cost is roughly the same as DirecTV whom in the next several days will most likely have ALL FOUR RSN's. This is beyond ridiculous.
Your anger is muisguided...the fault does not lie with MSG/FSNY..Those channels still carry viable spoorts programming..Unless of course all you care about it baseball....E* isn't screwing anyone..They are making a business( IMO a bad one)decision.....Cablevions OWNS FSNY and MSG....They can do as they wish.Besides that hasd nothing to do with this Cablevision has added SNY to their lineup.....If you want to see Mets games, get cable....

They were having an interesting discussion on WFAN today. They were saying how there are only about four cities in the country where baseball is more important than football : New York, Boston, St. Louis and Los Angeles. They mentioned Chicago, but said the Bears are really big, too.

So leave it to the brilliant minds at Dish Network to not have any local baseball on in the biggest baseball market in America. This is just a dumb business decision by a Denver based company that has no idea how the NY market works. They will lose lots of business if they carry neither NY team. Not carrying the Yankees is bad enough, but not carrying the Mets also is ridculous.

I also can say all this objectively, because I have Dish Network, but I also have Cablevision so I am seeing all my Met games. I am just here supporting my fellow Met fans who are being deprived of seeing their team. Bad decision for the fans and for Dish Network, too.

Last edited:
What about us stockholders? As a publicly held company don’t they owe it to investors to make smart business decisions? I see now why Ergan went from top 10 to 30 something on the Forbes 500!

SNY NOW!!!

What really baffles me, is that DirecTV doesn't have it. Dish, well I was hoping but I wasn't expecting it to happen.

By the way, not official, but this was posted here :

Directv Agrees to Broadcast Sportsnet New York, Channel 625 [General] - admin - malsbergtalk@hotmail.com @ 01:11 PM
Sources have informed mikefrancesa.com that the deal will be announced Friday. The new channel will be located on 625. If you are a Mets fan and don’t have Directv or Cablevision, you should worry. I’m hearing Dish Network will not carry Sports net NY.

http://mikefrancesa.com/v-web/b2/index.php

If this is the way it falls out (SNY on DTV, not on Dish) then too bad for all the Dish customers on Long Island (there are many). Those who currently have Dish are more than likely Met fans or not fans of baseball at all since those who watch the Yankees switched to DTV years ago. I just switched to DTV last week from Dish betting that Dish was never going to go for the Mets. The retention department didn't want to give up my $100/mo. for the last six years and couldn't accept that the only reason I was leaving was for the Mets. DTV has been great and I am looking forward to some good ball. Those who are stuck in a Dish committment will not be happy.

Last edited:
Lucky said:
March 13 - From what I am reading this morning from a variety of sources, DirecTV will have the channel by opening day. For Dish Network it looks very bleak. They probably will not carry SNY.
OK, for several weeks you have been saying SNY will be on DirecTV Opening Day. So far no official word has confirmed this. I'd say nothing is official until the channel is on the air and available to subs.

jrbdmb said:
OK, for several weeks you have been saying SNY will be on DirecTV Opening Day. So far no official word has confirmed this. I'd say nothing is official until the channel is on the air and available to subs.

Apparently, several people are reporting over on the D* list that in their EPG the info for channel 625 now says SNY and "Upcoming: Naitionals at Mets." Can't confirm this as i am at work. They must be getting close with D*. However, I was also reading that E* has uplinked SNY on to channel 438, so E* may not be left out in the cold. Of course, we will have to wait and see.

monetnj said:
Apparently, several people are reporting over on the D* list that in their EPG the info for channel 625 now says SNY and "Upcoming: Naitionals at Mets." Can't confirm this as I am at work. They must be getting close with D*. However, I was also reading that E* has uplinked SNY on to channel 438, so E* may not be left out in the cold. Of course, we will have to wait and see.
I would venture to say that if SNY has a spot in the D* EPG, it's a pretty safe bet they will add the service....
E* is another story.....

FIOS has a SNY deal, Cablevision has a deal, Direct TV on the verge of a deal, Dish even settled in Ohio. Why cant we get this channel? This is one CHEEP billionaire we are dealing with here. Its not like this service is any less that the others any more (I’ve been looking). I just don’t get this guy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts