SportsSouth on Dish Multi Sport Package Now

panz32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I hope this isn't a glitch, but I noticed yesterday I get SportsSouth (channel 437) here in Iowa with my Multi Sport package. It even comes in HD. While I can't watch MLB or other pro games here (unless the games run past their scheduled time of course :)) but they do some FCS (Fox College Sports) games for basketball and I think football. So I'll take it.

Anyone else living outside the Southeast region notice this?

That's great that it's included now. For many years it was available strictly in GA, NC, TN and a parts of a few other states. Now I would like to see the MTN and Longhorn Network so I can see just about every college football and basketball game I want.

NICE! I really enjoyed getting to watch the Braves post game show tonight after they beat Cincy 6 - 4. I've been wanting SportsSouth for a long time, and for this very reason - Braves coverage. I feel much better about keeping the sports pak during the summer now. Thought about dropping it until football season (if there is one) when I like having NFL Red Zone.

I don't think the RSN's are ever in free preview.

It was an odd occurrence but sometime last week in the uplink reports sportsouth was listed in free-preview.However it was only 1.5 to 2hrs lol.

that channel last I checked was on spotbeam for the Nawlins area so that probably wont happen anytime soon

It is on channel 421 on 61.5 and 129. It is CONUS on both. I think that the channel, while CONUS, is only available to New Orleans subs......

Ah yes, that's true. I have the Multi-Sports package and the HD channel does not appear in my guide, even being Conus..... That's why I believe that it available only to locals in that region.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)