Sportstime Ohio HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I were to guess, I would say all teams will be screwed over on a rotating basis throughout the season. They really needed to add some *s to the superfan package.

If I were to guess, I would say all teams will be screwed over on a rotating basis throughout the season. They really needed to add some *s to the superfan package.
Why, they already say "UP TO 40 GAMES PER WEEK", no where did it say every game would be in HD.

Showing up to 40 games a week and saying thay do not have enough bandwidth are two different issues. I am pretty pissed about this as well. I just wrote D* a nice little email telling them that there is going to be some pissed off Indians fans if they do not fix this problem. They were willing to cut SD and HD channels for the NFL package and I think they need to do the same for our MLB package as well. Let's see what happens.

Just to remind everyone that STO is showing ALL games in HD this year, I am thinking that when E* turns this station on, on 61.5 that I will be facing the rotating HD games scenario as well :(

I found this :

DirecTV will NOT air tonight's Indians game or tomorrow afternoon's Indians game on STO HD. Bandwidth constraints is the reason, because of the many NBA, NHL and MLB HD games. They should have room for the April 4th STO HD Indians game. DirecTV customers can voice their displeasures at DIRECTV - E-mail Us.

Any special reason that Directv continues to pick on Cleveland sports fans?

The Indians are one of the best baseball teams and are a no-show in HD, while lesser teams seem to be available in HD.

Go figure !

I think this is reason enough to shorten the NHL and NBA seasons. ;) They go on for way too long and don't deserve to take bandwidth away from America's pastime.....

On another note, I am all the more anxious for when 657-1 STO-HD gets it's own 24/7 channel.

I found this :

DirecTV will NOT air tonight's Indians game or tomorrow afternoon's Indians game on STO HD. Bandwidth constraints is the reason, because of the many NBA, NHL and MLB HD games. They should have room for the April 4th STO HD Indians game. DirecTV customers can voice their displeasures at DIRECTV - E-mail Us.

The Indians are one of the best baseball teams and are a no-show in HD, while lesser teams seem to be available in HD.

Go figure !

Where did you find this btw? Do you happen to have a link?

I found this :

This from SportsTime Ohio.

Yep thats who said it. Bruce Drenann read the letter tonight on his show. SUCKS! :mad:

Im just tired paying all this money and not getting what you pay for!

The Indians are one of the best baseball teams and are a no-show in HD, while lesser teams seem to be available tonite in HD.

Go figure !

So Trure! I wrote D* tonight saying the same thing. If it is the Red Sox or Yankees they will bend over, or get on the knees for them! Anything for those two teams.

So Trure! I wrote D* tonight saying the same thing. If it is the Red Sox or Yankees they will bend over, or get on the knees for them! Anything for those two teams.

Sorry but the Indians have no where near the following as those two teams. It would be a no brainer to cancel and Indians game instead of the Red Sox or yankees.

Thanks.

Personally, this excuse by D* is complete BS! Bandwidth constraints will prevent them from broadcasting a game at noon tomorrow?! Which NBA or NHL game will be taking up all the bandwidth then? Besides, the Indians are one of the premiere teams in the league, we should take precedence over other lesser markets!

This was posted by a Directv representative, and a very relible source, on another satellite forum concerning STO HD.

"STO games will start in HD on Directv on April 11th, not April 1st or 2nd, or anytime before that. April 11th is the first game scheduled in HD for STO."

I found the Indians link for the HD games, it looks like ALL of thir games will be in HD from what I can tell.

All the road games as well, is this true, or am I reading it wrong ?
All the road games in HD ???

If so, I'm pissed at FSN Detroit as it looks like only a few road games will be in HD for them.

Jimbo

I found the Indians link for the HD games, it looks like ALL of thir games will be in HD from what I can tell.

All the road games as well, is this true, or am I reading it wrong ?
All the road games in HD ???

If so, I'm pissed at FSN Detroit as it looks like only a few road games will be in HD for them.

Jimbo

Yes ALL Indian's games road and away are all in HD this year. See link HERE.

But don't worry Jimbo, us D* Tribe fans are in the same boat as you Detroit fans right now. (SD as the only option!) There is a debacle going on right now of D* not actually broadcasting the HD feed of STO!

this is unacceptable.
i just came home and turned the game on... i'm about to throw up! YUCK!
SD is the ONLY WAY that the Indians can look ugly!

DirecTV needs to figure a solution to this issue soon! They typically show favoritism to the sports crowd and pissing off die-hard Cleveland Sub's isn't a wise move.

That's really unacceptable. I guess Directv is truly the parttime hd sports leader.

You failed to read the article if you think that.
If you look at the Indians HD schedule after the 11th you would see that ALL of the games are listed to be in HD.

I would not call that part time.

btw, Is FIOS showing ALL the Indians games in HD ?

Jimbo

I think this is reason enough to shorten the NHL and NBA seasons. ;) They go on for way too long and don't deserve to take bandwidth away from America's pastime.....

On another note, I am all the more anxious for when 657-1 STO-HD gets it's own 24/7 channel.

How about shortining the MLB schedule.

Jimbo

Yes ALL Indian's games road and away are all in HD this year. See link HERE.

But don't worry Jimbo, us D* Tribe fans are in the same boat as you Detroit fans right now. (SD as the only option!) There is a debacle going on right now of D* not actually broadcasting the HD feed of STO!

Tigers HOME games are in HD , just very few road games.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)