Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish Wanted

i dont get it
skyvison's 6 foot dish on the webpage is 517 dollars
yet the dsr 410 package comes with a dish, lnbf and receiver for $329
so why is the price $200 less, whn you get more?
also sadoun has a 6 footer, but im not much of a fan on a solid dish.

so what are some sites where I can get a 6 foot dish for under $250??

Last edited:
i dont get it
skyvison's 6 foot dish on the webpage is 517 dollars
yet the dsr 410 package comes with a dish, lnbf and receiver for $329
so why is the price $200 less, whn you get more?
the dish alone has a polar mount whereas the 410 dish probably is fixed. Also it says "save 120 over separate items"

also sadoun has a 6 footer, but im not much of a fan on a solid dish.
why not? Solid dish = no signal getting through the mesh :)

the dish is 220 shipped to my door
can it get c band analog without sparkies? my perfect 10 can, but my perfect 10 is falling apart, and i dont want to tear down and mow another dish
will it fit on the pole my perfect 10 is on?

I wouldn't downgrade. If your used to a ten footer in the yard I would stick with it. The future with s2 is going to need all you can give it. Unless you have other reasons for going smaller don't.

I had to prove to myself about C band DVB-S2. I was a non believer until I tried it out. I was thinking if my 6' dish worked perfectly for 4DTV with 80sQ, why not S2?

The proof is with the 10' dish. The S2 signal doesn't even blip on the 6' dish on the same satellite. With the 10' it's perfect. :rolleyes: Just to think I've been S2 ready with my dish for 21 years.

The Great Dish Debacle

well my perfect 10 has a large gash in it about one inch wide, and a foot long, and about 5 small holes about the size of a half-dollar, also many hail dents.

My good friend down the street has alot of aluminum screen for windows.

My dad doesnt really support my hobby (he thinks im nuckin futz) and doesnt understand people who spend hours a day tinkering with a satellite dish, but he is 57 years old and old school.
Since I dont have a driver's license, i dont have away to haul a dish.

So i am stuck on 3 options:

1. Take down the dish, ,and unscrew the 150+ screws, and install window screen over the entire dish.

2. Buy a 6 footer from sadoun and use it.

3. If someone that lives near peroia or quad cities or within driving distance of Galesburg,IL
has a nice 6 or 8 foot dish, like a sami or unimesh, that they would donate for the cost of fuel, that would be nice, it doesnt have to have a pole or a scalar.

Yes the NCC500 will be my mover.

The Reason I dont like a 10 footer is, I do alot of lnbf swapping and testing and alot of cable moving, a 10 footer is too bulk to climb up on and undo stuff.

ALSO: Does someone know how to wire the pulse and ground for an ajak h-h? i know the two big wires are m1 and m2.

no sparkies on G-16.. Good sign

does this mean that my cband dish is not in the bad of shape... will a 6 footer from sadoun do that?

no sparkies on a feed on G-16

30vdaqe.jpg

Dish Wanted

i got bored of my perfect 10 witch is now a perfect 5

anway, if anyone has a dish within 100 miles or so of Galesburg,IL 61401

reply or PM me.

I dont have a way to haul, but would pay for fuel costs

my top pick would be a 6 or 8 foot winegard, unimesh or sami
6foot.gif

i wouldnt mind an old solid, as long as it wasnt warped

But nothing over 10 feet unless its a paraclispe

thanks for the help

im not much of a big spender, so i thought i would look here first before i shell out 220 for a fortec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)