spot for a cheap, new dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In Dire need of a dish.

I havent had any luck with Craigslist
I live here
fr1080.png
where the red dot is

The c band dish i have right now is in a bad shape of disrepair, all the panels have dents and there are several large holes in it.

I live near by the Quad Cities or Peoria.

I do not have a way to haul

I will pay whatever amount of gas money it takes to bring me a dish
As long as its in ok shape, a solid dish is preferred.

Reply to this post, or PM me

Thanks

Yes, please post a Pic.
Measure the Panels too, length and both ends.
Maybe the mesh from a salvaged dish or 2 can repair yours.

Also, did you try posting on Craigslist asking for a dish?

29eszh2.jpg

The above pic is a good pic of the dents that are all over the dish, from hail, and the large gash in the dish.
also my scalar is not centered, one of the arms in bent in.

I wish someone around galesburg had a little sami or unimesh to give me, i guess there isnt a alot of satelliteguys in this area

I will pay for someones gas money to get one here

Last edited:
23.5-24" on the edge

60" (5 feet) from the center

note: the mesh is on each rib and overlaps the next, it is not one mesh panel per section like some

i had someone from macomb email me, so i might have some luck, but keep lookin

yeah, i dont now what you mean by a center channel, it has a circle shaped plate the ribs bolt to, and then a large circle for the mount

I would just straighten the lnb arm to center the lnb, realign it to the arc and call it good. Those dents and that gash won't hurt a thing. Looks to be in decent shape to me.

I would just straighten the lnb arm to center the lnb, realign it to the arc and call it good. Those dents and that gash won't hurt a thing. Looks to be in decent shape to me.

Agreed.

That dish is in as good or better shape than the 10' Perfect 10 that I have been using for 15 years. I have gotten just about everything I have attempted from 87-137W, including the DVB-S2 stuff.

Fizzly, you just need to put a little TLC into the dish you have, it should work fine for you. :)

i remember in the days of old before 4dtv was up people used to give you brand new sami's!

i cant belive no one has one in their garage they would donate to me for shipping cost, i even have an acuator and a pole, and lnbs

i remember in the days of old before 4dtv was up people used to give you brand new sami's!

i cant belive no one has one in their garage they would donate to me for shipping cost, i even have an acuator and a pole, and lnbs

How much would it cost to ship you a 6ft winegard with polar mount from AZ?;)

Winegard Quadstar Worth Getting

this guy has it to give me ( i think) it cant be a 10 footer, due to the ammount of ribs, IIRC this is a winegard Quadstar, which is a good dish, and from the pic, looks like its in good shape,

I have the mount from a 10 foot winegard pinacle, will it fit on this dish? It looks the same as in the picture. It would be less for the guy to lift into the truck.

Attachments

• photo_1_9fcc6366f0b129d007e5137467d57ef3.jpg
    photo_1_9fcc6366f0b129d007e5137467d57ef3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
The dish in the picture is a Winegard perf, not a Quadstar. The pinnacle perf mount would not work with a Quadstar without some custom fabrication - totally different styles of mounts.

this is why i hate people from ililnois

this is how the phone convo

went

Them: Hello

Me: Hey I was calling about the dish you emailed me about

Them: Yes?

Me: I was wondering what it would cost to haul it to Galesburg?

Them: Oh I will have to see, I was going to take it down and scrap it, but if your interested in it, how much do you want to pay for it??

Me: I dont know, Il get back to you

I dont understand why people think thier trash is worth money when you take a keen intrest in it.

ok i had a bite today

this guy that lives in lincoln (95 miles away) has a 5 year old perfect 10 7.5' dish.

It is mint, it also has a brand new acuator on it.

The guy said he would deliver it to my house for $150

Okay, Im hooked it is smaller them mine, so that means a little easier to swap lnbs.

Anyway I get paid in a week and a half, I might offer him $125.

1. Would this be a good deal?
2. Will 2.5 foot less dish make a diffrence?
3. Will an acuator do better over an h-h motor? im more about hitting a satellite then speed
4. The guy said he used it for 4dtv and it is only 5 years old, is there a good chance there will be a co-rottor II under the hood?
5. If i run polorator wires to a co-rottor, and then a 2X1 switch to c and ku, can i get both bands on a fta box without having to run a second coax?

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 116
I'd slap a DMX741, CK2, or BSC621 on your existing Dish and call it a day.

A 7.5' dish has about 60% the surface area of a 10', and is not 2 degree compliant.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)