spot for a cheap, new dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i want to say its a radix 10.5

If that's what you think...Its a RayDX. they were made in Florida. First dish I got was a RayDx. Stainless steel hardware, it was built like a tank.
Too bad a hurricane blew two panels completely out of it....LOL...I scrapped it, I saved a few parts, bolts and such because they were all stainless.

Nice Score. :up

EDIT...Read the second page of this thread, it will tell you about the raydx more. Plus some of my troubles when I first started Cband. Just a hint, the Paraclipse Gabshere and me were kidding about is NOW my MAIN dish. Shows you how things can change.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...102373-if-you-had-use-1-8m-6-foot-dish-2.html

my didnt have stainless hardware it has 18 ribs if you count the two ribs stuck together on each section a rib, so does the raydx, my dish is 10 foot 2 inches across

acrradio is pretty up to snuff, so he might chime in

someone emailed me this morning with a free dish in my same town, so if i waited a day i wouldnt have to go 200 miles, oh well.

i got the reflector and mount assembled, so i might try to get it up today

i looked at some ad scans, its not a raydx, mine has 4 sections, and the panel screws on the mesh

after doing some researching, i am sold on it being a channel master

if anyone has any ad scans or pics of a channel master 10 let me know

ok i got it up today no pics too dark

got some q's

1.there is a arrow on the lnb that says polar axis, does this arrow slant to left or right as you face this dish, i know this cant go stright up and down

2. the acuator is too big to have east and west switches engage, how can i know what sat im on so i dont drive it to forward and jam the mount like i did?

3. i can only hit one channel, but i havent peaked it on my true south satellite yet, is the micropak worth a crap?

4. I cant get a pulse from the acuator, what could be wrong?

5. Do they make a signal meter that i can hook up to right to the receiver?

1. "Polar Axis" Straight up when at True South Sat
2. retract the arm, loosen the clamp, slide down "west" until you find you most western Sat, then slide down "west" just a little. Now drive East and find and save your Sats.
3. dunno
4. check the reed like you did before. No pulse can be a few things, reed broke, reed not connected, motor broke (not turning), motor has no power.
5. they make standalone Sat Meters, cheap and expensive. For Me, an FTA receiver is the best.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)