spot for a cheap, new dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i think if i can get it for $125, il get that guys 7.5 footer 5 years old, new acuator, and thats delivered

the 10 footer had something seriously wrong with it, it would not track the arc

BUT if someone has a dish they would ship to me, or deliver for $100 pm me

It probally rotated on the pole during high winds.:p:D

Is anybody able to lock the HBO's with a six footer around Techfizzles location? I know some people in california are able too. Myself in AZ. On a good day i could. But most of the time not. Guide and Starz came in fine though.

I have a question on some feedhorns and lnb

i have what i think is a co-rottor II

there is a new polorator on it

1. when i move the chan up down button on the remote, the feed (i think what that is called) moves up and down, but sometimes it doesnt move in the same posistion, is this because diffrent transponers have diffrent skews?

2. would a bsc-621 i might get for free outperform a co-rotor two?

3. I have two lnbs on this, tell me if they are any good

a cal-amp min mag 25 degree 65db gain on cband

a cal-amp "U.S KU LNB" 59 db gain and .6 noise figure, professional looking with a led light on it

Last edited:
Tonight I got my 5th no!

This is a short list of the no's i have been given, also please share your stories of being told no when asking about a dish

about 8 months ago, i went to inquire about a 12 foot dish, i knew it was not in use because i have never seen it move.
Knock on the guys door, Asked if i can take it down, He says no and closes the door.

about 6 months ago i found a 7.5 winegard about half mile north of me called the gal up after finding out about her through the renter. She said that she didnt want me to get hurt taking it down, and that was that. and she was very rude about it, like i was invading her "bubble" calling her!

1 week ago i went to look at a 12 foot unimesh 15 miles from me, the guy says i could have it, then when i went to look at it, then he walks outside, he says ive changed my mind, leave it alone.

tonight i ran across 2

please help me identify it, solid aluminum. about 5-6 feet in diameter, with a button hook feed, a small peice of metal sticks out of the back and bolts on the mount, at least 15 years old

knock on the girl door, and she says let me get my husband, she comes back and says no, you cant have it

then the 12 foot unimesh i had my eye on, the guy was finaly home! i knocked on the door and said i would take it down for him "Uh um Uh, No... Not Yet, and closes the door.

This has made me extremely pissed, i am really starting to despise people from this area, when i was looking for a car, i saw about 5 non-runners sittin in people cars, they all said no, and then two months later, everyone one was hauled to the scrap yard

I have no idea why people who live here are rat-packs and will never let anyone have anything.

The other thing that made me mad, 3 years ago, before i knew very little, i passed up a solid birdview, i didnt know it was a birdview

but seriiously, why wont anyone let anything go???:mad:

on a lighter note i posted an ad on freecylce and someone had emailed me and said there parents had a dish, and will inquire about it.

But if that turns out to be a dud, there is only one other dish i know of except for that i have no idea where i saw it, and 2 10 foot winegard pinacles, but im not going to mess with another pinacle, it took me and 6 people to lift one up on a pole before, not including the mount

Last edited:
I've never been told "no". There's 6 dishes planted next to my house and they were all mine for the taking. :D:up Maybe you shouldn't have destroyed the one you had....?

This is my sales pitch:

"Hey I was wondering if wanted to get rid of that big satellite dish in your back yard, Il take it down for free!!"

That sounds good doesnt it? But i wonder what kind of dish that one was, nver seen one like it 5-6 foot solid aluminum with a very simple looking polar mount

i had another person on free cycle email me, she says i have one you can have, but its on the roof :eek::confused: now that sparks my memory, i do remember seeing a big one on the roof, how the hell did one get up there, and how the hell can a guy take one down??:confused:

i had another person on free cycle email me, she says i have one you can have, but its on the roof :eek::confused: now that sparks my memory, i do remember seeing a big one on the roof, how the hell did one get up there, and how the hell can a guy take one down??:confused:

Last time I took one down on a roof, I went up the ladder with a saws all and it came down in tiny little pieces.

It was about $50 in Scrap Aluminum :)

yeah but wouldnt the weight of the dish on a pole on a mount really be bad for the roof?

Tech, Don't feel bad I never had much luck here in Ohio getting a free dish. My P-Stars I paid $35 a piece for and would pay that again. My luck with finding a bud is that most I found wanted way too much for them and I'd need a bucket truck to remove it. Sorry I'm almost 50 and I don't feel like working that hard to get a dish. I'm on the border of the city and the country and figure I'd have to drive 100 miles out to find much. I'll stick with what I've got now and my wife will see to it haha. Keep looking around and something will show up when you least expect it...Blind:)

This is a short list of the no's i have been given, also please share your stories of being told no when asking about a dish

This has made me extremely pissed, i am really starting to despise people from this area,

??? You despise people who are unwilling to give you something that they own for free???

You have to remember that people do own the dish and have the right to do what they want with it. Getting pissed will accomplish nothing but upsetting yourself. I wanted to find a FTA dish for RTN on G-10 a while back I asked around and told friends finally one came through. If you need the dish today seriously the only answer would be buy a new one. The client I just put up the 6 foot for asked around for a year for used dishes. He got one bite and that fell through, I told him forget about it and buy new. So you do have an option if needed ASAP. I was in your shoes with the FTA dish and was ready to buy a new one when a friend of mine called me and said the neighbor took it off there house and tossed it so he grabbed it for me. Sometimes good things come to those who wait :)

if i was to buy one it would probaly cost me around $800 for an 8 footer i dont have that kind of dough

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)